Too Late to Save

The hot puff of air escaped into the cold night from the running silhouette in the dark. The man was slowing down with each step against the hard pavement. The alcohol reaching his brain with every second, making his mind fuzzy. The thing that followed him blended into the darkness of the alleyway, like it wasn't even there, but the feeling of being watched still overwhelmed him. The sea of dark space stepped closer to the now crouching man. The flash of silver met the man's eyes telling him what he feared. The shadow fully formed, a man stood there, his eyes full of pure glee. His dark brown hair without a single drop of sweat, unlike the man below him.
"What a lovely night it is." He said flashing a cruel smile at the now shaking man, revealing the silver knife from his long black winter coat. The sweat on the man's forehead merged with his tears, the pointless sobs echoing in the alley he was trapped in, the only way out was through the blade welding man. A man he once called a dear friend. Oh how he wished he was back to being a boy without the worry of this terrible fate.
"Do stop crying Yuuto, it is fairly annoying. It will only hurt but a second." Yuuto looked up, hoping to see a single drop of compassion or humanity in his eyes.
"P-p-please Ankoku, d-don't do th-this." The boulder in his throat and the alcohol making it hard to form the words that he hoped would save his life.
"I don't do mercy." And as those words left Ankoku's mouth, he jabbed the knife into Yuuto, who was struggling to crawl away, but his half drunken state only made it impossible to escape. As the blade plunged into his stomach he felt his breath leaving his body, his heart stopping, and the faint mumbling of the soon to be murder.
"What a lovely night indeed." And with those words, the man fled, blending back perfectly into the harsh night. Leaving the man he onced cared about to bleed out and fall into a permanent sleep.