Chapter 2

Like an angel you stood. Not knowing what would become of you and yet you still had grace and poise. That's one of the things I liked about you. One any occasion, you remained the same. I think it's one of the reasons he got to you because you were different and I'm sorry for not helping you sooner. I could have tried harder, maybe to curl my hair like yours or wear bright colors like you would. Maybe it was your white teeth and the shine in your eyes or the smell of you hair, apple cinnamon. Oh I wish. Forgive me for being jealous and not stepping in the way. No aggression will cause me pain like this did and once again I'm saddened to tell you this tale.

Headteachers office

" miss Anna and why didn't you just switch off your phone "
" ma'am I " she began, before her English teacher interrupted
" I told you having phones in school was a bad idea. This generation and their freedom. No discipline. Back in my day I'd have got hit right in my hand " opening his palms to show where the mark lines of a ruler would be.
Anna zoning out mid conversation. She worried about who  this stalker would be. Who would she tell. Her mother ? Her friends ? Did he just want money ? Am I sure it's a guy?" And like that her mind wondered enough to completely shut out the head teacher  and her teachers arguments.
" we agree to give you detention" her head teacher began  breaking her line of thought.
" detention?"
" yes, starting today after everyone had left, you can have it at home room where I'll keep an eye on you " the head teacher continued.
She didn't fight it, no one was on her side. No one was going to fight for her. Nodding her head, she got up and headed to her next class
Forgetting her phone altogether, she didn't make an effort to retrieve it. She went class after class completely shaken and lost in thought. Highly aware of her surroundings and trying to piece together her environment.
   No clue would help her, no one she knew was this cunning not even to pull a prank on her. Not enough brains was her option of friends. Maybe to make her feel better, smarter. Maybe that was the problem. Her .