Day One

"We got plenty of toilet paper, and we don't really need to worry about food....yet..." John said as he crossed of the mentioned items off of his list. "Now, activities, we really need to-, are you two even listening?" He sighed when he realized his husband and daughter were indeed not listening, talking quietly to each other.

"We still got those boxes in the garage, and if worse comes to worse we can use the couch cushions..." his husband, Christopher said, running a hand through his grayish black curls.

"And we live right next to the woods, so if worse comes to worse we can hunt or something." Their daughter, Lumi piped up. The twenty three year old had been quite upset when the pandemic hit.

"What are you two talking about?" John demanded, making the pair jump.

"We're going to make a fort, and I just suggested an alternative food source should the grocery store run out of food..." Lumi replied.

"Wot...no...just no! We won't need to hunt! It's 2020 for fuck's sake!"

"The year where China makes its first full blown attempt to wipe us all out!" Lumi said dramatically.

"That's it, no more online news for you missy!" John said sternly.

"It's either them or CNN and they aren't much better!" Lumi retorted.

"Anyway!" Christopher cut in, "If we are going to be stuck inside our home for who knows how long, Lumi we need to keep busy..."

"And break the rules! Cause you know all of the rich pricks are going to do it!"Lumi exclaimed.

"Why do I even bother with you two.." John sighed as his husband and daughter headed to the garage.

John knocked against a cardboard box. "Password!" a voice called from within.

"Christopher Michael Carson, aren't you a little too old for this sort of thing?" John asked with a frustrated sigh.

"John David Carson, aren't you tired of being such a stick I the mud?" his husband replied.

"Fine, fine! Uh..." He thought for a moment.... "TARDIS?"

"OOOOH WEEEE OOOOH!" Lumi shrieked from inside the box fort as Christopher opened the "door" by pushing a medium sized box off to the side.

"Can I help you darling?" He smirked.

"Are you two going to join me for dinner or are you going to stay under siege in this fort?" John asked.

"One moment, I must discuss this with my second in command." Chris pulled the box back and after a moment, Chris shoved the door aside and peeked out, "Permission to dine in the fort with you General Carson? We did make this fort for three...." Chris smiled mischievously.

John blushed. "Permission granted, but only of you get your sweet arse out of there and help me in the kitchen." He leaned forward and he and Chris shared a kiss.

"MAKE OUT MAKE OUT! SEX SEX SEX!" Lumi shrieked from inside the fort.

"Lumi! Don't make me launch a surprise attack!" John snapped as Chris laughed and emerged from the fort.

"Bandit! We've been breached! We've lost the Colonel, do not fear we will prevail!"

"I thought the fort was made for three." John said as he and Chris reached the kitchen.

"Bandit is such a tiny thing; he won't take up much space." He leaned forward and whispered into John's ear, "You can always sit on my lap, you know."

"Oh bug off!" John muttered as he playfully shoved his husband away. Chris laughed at John's red face.

"I'm worried about Lumi." John murmured as he chopped vegetables for salad.

"Why love?" Chris asked.

"It's just.....I know she's not at any risk at getting covid, but if we were to get it....or if she were to get it..."

"John David Carson you put down that knife and look at me." Chris demanded.

John did as he was told and his chocolate brown eyes met his husband's sky blue eyes, "Nothing is going to happen to us. Nothing is going to happen to Lumi. We're going to do everything we can to stay safe, follow your infernal lists and be there for Lumi. And if you ever imply that we are getting old ever again I'll rip your dick off."

John laughed. "There, that's better, now, once I put the burgers in the skillet to fry, why don't we pop into the bedroom for a few moments..." Chris murmured as he ran a hand through John's long brown locks.

John smiled from ear to ear, his face somehow even redder, "That would be lovely, Colonel."