Chapter 2

Adira felt her eyes slowly open as she ripped her headphones out of her ears the sound of The Cures 'Friday I'm In Love' faded away. She waited a small moment, just to see if she was imagining things, though, she was almost positive that she had heard a tapping noise coming from her window. A faint 'tap tap' echoed thorugh her room and Adira let out a soft groan of annoyance as she heard the familiar light tapping on her window from her boyfriend showing up late in the night. 

She threw the warm blankets off the top of her body and combed her fingers through her messed up hair slightly and then quietly made her way over to the window, making sure that she didnt knock anything over or make any loud noises, wanting nothing more than to make sure she didn't wake up her dad. Her fingers clasped onto the cold, wooden window cill that was painted a sky blue, which was peeling in all areas, she slid her fingers down the cill and then slid the window open and stuck her head out into the cool night. She looked down at Marcus who was grinning widely and waving up at her with his skateboard tucked under his arm, his brown eyes sparkling slightly in the moonlight.

Adira rolled her eyes playfully as she looked down at him, "just wait, let me get changed" she whispered down to him and he nodded his head and sat his ass down on the grass below her window, waiting patiently for the girl to get ready, though he wasnt a patient person, he would wait for her. Adira quickly pulled a pair of sweats over her pyjama shorts and then throws on one of Marcus's hoodies and then pulled her hair into a high ponytail, she didn't bother to look at her appearance, not really caring what she looked like and she didnt want to keep marcus waiting, and she defiently didnt want him to be seen by the neighbours who could tell her dad.

She grabbed one of her skateboards that was leaning against the wall next to her bed, it was green with a bunch of stickers on the bottom that Maxine, Abby, Norah and her had decorated. She grabbed a beanie and she shoved her pillows under her blanket to make it look like she was still there and then she quickly and quietly ran back to the window "Markie," she whispered to him and he looked up and noticed her holding the skateboard out of the window, he quickly stood up and left his board on the ground and then nodded his head, she dropped her skateboard and Marcus easily caught it, making sure not to make any noises as he did so, knowing that if her dad woke up, then all hell would break lose.

Then Adira stuck her head back in the window and then began to crawl out of the opening backwards and down the vine wall against her window, then landed softly on the ground next to Marcus "hey love" he whispered softly to her with a giant smile and grabbed her chin and kissed her softly on the lips, he pulled away and the pair smile at each other before he handed her her board and grabbed his own and then the two of them skated away from the poorer and dark side of the neighbourhood where the girl lived.

The two of you arrived at the skatepark, the lights were surprisingly still on even though it was 2 in the morning, the two teens spent a few hours down there in the cold, each of them showing off to the other and laughing when either of them fell off, enjoying themselves and acting like teenagers. At moments like this, when it was just the two of them alone, it was perfect for them both, it was like they could forget about the world around them and escape from reality and not worry about all of the problems they were dealing with

At about 4 am the two of them decided to make their way back to Adiras house where Marcus would drop her off and then make his way back to her house, hoping to god that his mum wouldn't catch him cause that would result in further punishment. The two teens walked hand in hand, their arms swaying softly as they walked in comfortable silence and continued to steal loving glances at each other when the other person wasn't looking.

Adira turned her head to look up at him again, only this time he was already looking down at her "stop staring at me you weirdo" Adira muttered to him with a grin on her lips as she elbowed him playfully. Marcus chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully as he looked down at the girl with a soft smile on his lips.

Marcus felt his cheeks go slightly pink as he looked down at his girlfriend, embarrassed that she had caught him staring "I cant help but stare at you, you are just so beautiful. Besides, youre my girlfriend, doesn't that basically give me permission to stare at you?" he asked her with a playful smirk on his lips and Adira looked down as she felt herself get flustered and her cheeks went a crimson but she quickly tried to recover and brush it off as she looked up at him with a playful glare on her face

"shut up moron" She muttered out and wacked his chest softly and tried to ignore the butterflies that were banging against the walls of her stomach, begging to get out and greet the boy that made her feel this way.

He brought their intertwined hands up to his face and then placed her hand agaisnt his lips for a short moment and then began to swing them back at his side "it is true though" he stated matter of factly and she raised her eyebrow at him questioningly "you're beautiful"

"My god you are cheesy" Adira says and then spits out "youre beautiful too" they looked at each other for a moment and tried not to laugh, but they couldnt hold it in as they burst out in fits of giggles and then they arrived outside of her house, and the laughter immediately died down and it was replaced with a cold, sad, empty feeling as they looked up at the house

Adira let out a sigh and then looked up at Marcus with a fake smile on her lips and she quickly kissed him then let go of his hand "well, i guess this is where we part" she said and he sighed and placed his hand on her cheek and looked into her eyes 

"Im gonna get you outta this stupid place one day. I promise, we are going to leave this town and never come back" he whispered to her softly as their faces got closer and closer, his thumb rubbed her cheek softly in an affectionate manner

"Well i cant wait for that day. Just dont keep me waiting too long yeah?" she asked him softly and gave him a small, sad smile. It was a fools promise, but they were just two fools that had fallen in love at a young age, and she didnt really expect him to live up to that promise, though she really hoped that he would

"Sounds good to me" he muttered and then they sealed the promise with a kiss before she turned around sadly and climbed back into her window and Marcus passed her skateboard up to her, then with one last smile from each of them, they parted.