Chapter one

David's P.O.V

It was the last week of school, and I wasn't ready to leave. High School had always been my escape from my home life, at school, I was popular, athletic, and the party king, need I say more? At home, I was nothing special compared to my siblings. I was always the dumb jock. 

I looked around the dimly lit hallway and observed the cheerful faces of freshmen. They gossiped and laughed, happy for the end of this year. But I was graduating, I had to start a new life and honestly, I wasn't ready. I slipped my hands in my pocket and headed to my final class. I entered the large English classroom taught by a scrawny, ginger, mess of a man, Mr. Howluett. He stood in the front of the classroom nervously tapping his fingers, suddenly, the class erupted into cheers as I stepped in. I felt a rush of heat as my girlfriend, Hazel jumped onto me and placed her slender legs on my hips, pecking me with little bursts of love. The class cheered and whistled as Hazel removed her top revealing a lacy bra decorated with an intricate floral pattern. The teacher whispered under his breath and sat down in his desk and proceeded to type on his laptop. Considering I had a girl all over me, I was outraged by this teachers lack of professionalism. Hazel smirked and pushed my body on to a desk. The class cheered and the girls giggled and whispered, but out of the corner of my eye I could see a boy with shocking pink hair shaking his head and sighing. Who was he to judge? I begged for her to stop but she giggled and forced her hands down my jeans.

"Ha-Hazel, st-stop." I stuttered

Hazel groaned and stood up, she rolled her eyes at me and slipped her shirt back on.  She absorbed into the mass of screaming girls and began a lengthy session of whispered gossip. I ran my hands through my dark hair and sighed. What... just...happened?

The pounding of multiple hands collided with my back in unison followed by the voice of my best friend,  Alex.

"Duuude, nice." he spat at me like the imprudent moron he was. 

He attempted a fist bump but I shook it off. I don't know what it was, but I didn't quite feel right. I guess PDA can do that to you. 

"Whoa, bro, Hazel not quite doing it for you?" he sneered.

"Shut up." I muttered. 

"Whatever, dude, when you're done being a pussy, come back and talk to me."

I flipped him off and sat back down. Mr. Howluett rose from his chair and began an exhausting lesson on paragraph structure, occasionally glancing at me from the corner of his eyes. 

I lost focus almost immediately and stared at the mysterious, pink haired boy. He too, was distracted and stared longingly out the window. 

The class finally came to an end, I gathered my belongings and slowly descended from the setting.. I felt something grab onto my shoulders with remarkable force. I whipped around and locked eyes with the pink haired boy. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he whispered.

I gawped at him but nothing came out but a pitiful whimper.

He shook his head, turned on his heel and laughed. 

Alex came down the hall waving at me like a frantic fangirl. 

I groaned and walked towards him. 

"What?" I mumbled. 

"There's a party at Jessica Barner's house, wanna come?"

Great, Jessica Barner, a bitchy, annoying, obnoxious drunkard. 

"Sounds fun." I lied

"Get this" he whispered "Jessica Barner wants to invite that weird queer, Jack, Jake or whatever. She said it'd be funny."

I tilted my head and shrugged. I had no idea who this "Jake" character was, but I'm sure it would be anything but funny.

                                                                     Jake's P.O.V

The last week of school, finally. I can move on from the harsh environment that is high school. I've been kicked, punched, slapped, shoved down the toilet, the list goes on. Why? Because I am gay. Our society is not quite ready for the "outrageous" idea of difference. Everybody isn't perfect, accept it. 

Well, today has been rather eventful, some obviously retarded, and stereotypical jock began a long session of attempted intercourse in the middle of class. 

I watched in horror as my dimwitted professor ignored a disturbing act of PDA and the epitome of school violation. 

I rushed after the boy who participated in ruining my final days of high school, I clasped his muscular shoulders and stared into his hazel eyes. I could see an intense look of regret and embarrasment. I observed his tanned skin and his soft black hair, he was handsome. I shook my head and rid the thoughts, who am I kidding, this guy is an over sexual dingbat. I don't want anything to do with him.

I was lost for words and uttered the first thing that came to mind.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I spat. 

He let out a pitiful whimper, and looked down, ashamed. 

I felt my heart flutter at the boys sudden susceptibility to power. I quickly turned around before anything could possibly happen, I let out a hardy laugh and proceeded down the hall. Suddenly, an irritating buzz emitted from my pocket sending vibrations throughout my body. I looked down at the dimly lit screen and squinted at the glowing words. 

"heyyyy jakey, wanna come 2 mi prty 2nite?"

Other then the atrocious spelling and pitiful attempt of communication, I was baffled at the sudden, and mysterious text message. The number bared an unfamiliar format of digits and the text contained no sign of a sender. I shook my head and tried to write a logical response to a nearly impossible abomination of literature. 

"Hi, I'm sorry, who is this?? ~J"

A reply came almost instantaneously,

"lol ur so slly, its jessica :P" 

Wait, Jessica? I couldn't have read this right. The only Jessica I knew was a self-absorbed, pugnacious fuss, who hated my guts. Especially, since my guts, were gay. Of course, my mother always said "She's just dissapointed that she won't be able to date you."  Sure, every girl would just love to date a pink haired gay, ekm, guy. I internally groaned and replied to the she-devil. 

"