Gabriel Imagine

For Lily @67impala_winchester

Read while playing Laugh, I Nearly Died by The Rolling Stones

 ~~~~

Cloned~

You lean your head against the cold glass window of the Impala. Things weren’t going well right now. Dean was never doing good, Sam was obsessed with a normal life, and you had just lost Gabriel. Your eyes closed as your heart burned at your loss.

Of course, the brothers didn’t care much about the death. But they couldn’t possibly understand how devastated you were. It had been three days and you haven’t spoken a word. You would cry more than you normally would, and you probably have consumed every unhealthy food you possibly could. Nothing was going to bring him, and that thought pained you the most.

Gabriel wasn’t Castiel- his father wouldn’t give him his life back. And you were furious with that fact. What was Castiel’s purpose?! He had fucked up more times than Gabe ever had, and Gabriel was pleasing to you… He helped you through hard times and now…

God dammit.

The more you thought about it, the more you cried. Your eyes opened and the lights from outside slowed down as Dean drove through a small town. He stopped at a red light and your eyes just so happened to find a familiar looking face. Your hands shook and your voice broke, “Dean.” You simply said, pointing on the window to the brown chestnut and gelled back hair.

You couldn’t wait, throwing open the door- who cared if it was the middle of the street? Your feet stumbled over the slippery pavement, but once you hit the sidewalk your steps were sturdy. “Gabe!” You screamed, turning attention. The man didn’t stop, continuing to walk. “Gabriel!” This time you were louder and he stopped, looking over his shoulder at you.

Your heart stopped as you met up to him, a little smile creeping onto your face. Your arms automatically went around his waist, face mashing against his chest. When you got no return of the hug, you reluctantly let go of him, staring up at his hazel eyes. He looked confused, scared actually. No. No this was your Gabriel and he would remember you if it was the last thing you did.

“Hey. Gabe?” You whisper softly, breath visible in the chilly air. You heard heavy steps behind you and a strong hand on your shoulder, completely breaking all contact with him. His eyes stayed on yours, a little loss. You could feel your eyes sting with new tears.

“Sorry about her. You look familiar.” Even Sam looked awed. Here we had a perfect replica of my angel and it wasn’t him. How screwed up could your life get? You shake your head as your gaze falls to your boots.

“I’m sorry.”

Dean’s hand slides to your wrists and pulls you away from him, petting your hair quietly and then packing you in the Impala.

“Wanna explain something, Lily?” Dean asks silently. You don’t respond and keep your eyes on the lost man until he’s out of sight.