Chapter 2

Peggys Pov

It felt like heaven to have him back in my arms, all these years and I thought I'd never see him, hear his voice, hold him close to me I couldn't quite believe it was real. "It was stupid, a completely stupid idea" I thought to myself not realising that I had mumbled it. "What was?" Steve asked
"You crashing a plane into a river of ice getting yourself killed in the process" I said getting slightly worked up. "I didnt die i was put into a deep sleep" "Leaving you gone for years" I said slightly raising my voice "Believe me its been a lot longer for me" he said with a sad look in his eyes "What the hell is the supposed to mean steve, please inform me" I responded now pretty much shouting, he just looked away "Your not going to even look at me great" I stormed off to the kitchen, after a few seconds Steve followed behind me "Peggy wait please let me explain" I turned around "yes please explain to me how 4 years of you being frozen asleep, practically dead, and you show up now" Steve sighed and gave me a sincere look "Do you know how hard it was for me not only was seen as captain americas old fling I missed you like mad" "Believe me peg, having to let you go like that killed me if there was any other way I wouldve done it but for the sake of America it was what I had to do" He explained and it was obvious that he was holding back tears "I just missed you so bloody much" I walked over to him and leant my head on his chest and hugged "but one thing that never changed is not once did I stop loving you " I looked up at him with love and  adoration in my eyes.

Steve POV

I looked back at her with tears in my eyes even though I tried to shove my feeling down so I wouldn’t cry. I hugged her tightly and pulled away to say. “Peggy you have to trust me and believe in me. You can’t just kiss me then dance with me then kiss me again and yell at me. Please I’ll explain everything when I’m ready and when you’re ready,” she raised an eyebrow and put one hand on her hip. “Not that you aren’t, I just wanna wait for the right moment okay. Because I wanna be with you. I wanna have billions of kids and die in your arms at age 102. But you need to trust me please.” I said to her. Her red lips curved into a soft smile that I can’t help but smile with her. “Okay I will, I will trust and believe in you because, because I love you Steve Rogers with all my heart and I wanna have “billions” of kids and die in your arms too at age 102.”I couldn’t help but grab her and throw her on my shoulder. I was so happy to be with her. My heart was pounding so heart with excitement it could come out of my chest.

I was running around Peggy’s house with her on my shoulder laughing and yelling to put her down. When I did I kissed her passionately. This kiss was different than all the other kisses we had because it was full of love, excitement and it was passionate. When we both pulled away, we were trying to catch our breaths from that long kiss. I looked at her in the eyes and said “I love you Margaret Elizabeth Peggy Carter.” She smiled and giggled at the same time. “And I love you Steve Rogers.” I smiled as we pulled in for a kiss again.

Peggys Pov

As we kissed i felt as if a piece that had been missing had finally been restored. I broke the kiss and hugged into him. I had a moment of realisation that made me pull away from him cos I felt like I was going to burst with excitement. "Do you have anywhere to stay" I asked enthusiastically "I was just gonna stay in a hotel" he replied, my smile grew even more. "No need live me" I said like a giddy child "What are you serious is that to soon" He questioned politely, I realised that I could have upset him and calmed down back to normal "Only if you would like to, your perfectly welcome and it wouldn't be an issue" I said keeping myself calm and collected but making it obvious that I was very confident and sure in what I said "I'd love to only if you're happy with that" he walked over and wrapped is arms around me "I'd be more than delighted" with that he kissed me on the head which made me giggle. "I'll show you around" I said getting excited and he just gave me a heart warming smile. "So this is the kitchen obviously and there's the pantry" I said pointing to a small cupboard in the corner. I began to walk to the hallway so we were near the door "There's the living room but uve already seen that" I giggled and walked upstairs Steve followed behind. "This is the first floor relatively bigger than the ground floor" we got to the top of the stairs so we were stood there giving Steve a change to have a quick look around and brief scan of they layout. "Pretty simple really, Master Bedroom with ensuite,  guest bedroom, spare room and bathroom" i said as I pointed out each room in order "Cozy" Steve said. I could see something crossing his mind but I didnt want to interrupt his thoughts so I just started inspecting things making sure they were neat and tidy. "Peg" I snapped my attention back to him "yere" "where do you think is best for me to sleep" I had a feeling that was coming "Well you have 3 options, sleep in the guest room, ill take the guest roomand u can have my bed or..... you could sleep in with me" He looked at me with a thinking face "Again I dont want to rush anything so I'll do what your comfortable with" I admired he was being sensible "Yes good thought, I would say to stay on the safe side you take the guest room for a week or so and if we change our mind then that isn't a problem" I said trying to be mature. "I'm happy with that " he smiled at me "well then im happy too" I smiled back at him. "Right then let's get you moved in shall we " isaid heading down stairs to grab his bags. Steve just laughed and gave me a smile.