Chapter 8

Mr.Tanner introduces Stefan to the students as a new member of the team and he seem happy to have him, I mean he is good so why wouldn't he? Me and Elena told Caroline that we quit, she didn't seem happy it's fine she'll get over it. I see Tyler and Jeremy talking and I assuming they are about to scream at each other again so I run over to Jeremy.

"Oh, what do you care? Don't look so down. You can have her when I'm done." Tyler says to Jeremy. "So yeah, that's what you do right? You kiss the girl then bam boom done?" I say walking towards Jeremy. Jeremy did not like what I just said, I think I just told him that Tyler cheated on me without telling him. So Jeremy strikes Tyler and they both start to fight.

" Tyler, stop it! Tyler! Tyler, stop! Stop it! Stop, you're hurting him! Tyler! Tyler, stop! Tyler! Stop it! Tyler, stop!" Vicki yells. "Jeremy, you dumbass. Are you guys fucking dogs?" I yell. Then Stefan comes up behind me and grabs Tyler's wrist and I stand in front of Jeremy so Tyler doesn't hit him.

"Hey, he's down! Enough!" Stefan yells. Tyler punches Stefan but it didn't do shit to him and Tyler looks scared. Jeremy pushes me out of the way and grabs a broken glass bottle and strikes at Tyler, who moves out of the way and he cuts Stefan's hand instead. 

"Jeremy wtf!?!?" I grab him back. "Jeremy, no!" Elena yells after me.

"Tyler, knock it off! Stop!" Matt grabs Tyler. "What the hell, Jeremy? Put your head up, you're bleeding." Elena grabs face. "Dude your such a dumbass, Get it inside your damn mind that VICKI DOESN'T LOVE YOU." I grab his face but he pushes me and Elena off. " I'm fine!" he snaps at me. " Yeah, you smell fine." I say.

Matt takes Tyler away, into the school so he can calm him down. I know I was harsh to everyone but he's my brother and he needs to know that Vicki doesn't love him. Me and Elena turn to Stefan who was cut by the glass. "Oh, my God, your hand." Elena says to Stefan.

"No, no, no, it's fine." He shakes it off. "Is it deep? How bad is it? Come on!" Elena grabs his hand and opens his palm, but she sees the scar is completely gone. What? "But...I saw it, it was..." I stutter. "No I saw it" Elena says.

"He missed. It's not my blood. See? I'm fine." He shows his hand to us. "No, no, no. I...I saw it. The glass cut your hand. It was..." Elena and I just look at each other. "It's ok. I'm ok. It's almost kick-off time, all right? So, um, I'll, uh, I'll see you after the game." He walks away from us.

-------------------------------

"Hey! Where you been?" Bonnie asks me and Elena who is walking up to her, I think I know what Elena is going to ask. "Can I ask you a question and you give me a really serious no-joke response?" Elena ask. "Yeah like dead serious." I finish the sentence.

"Of course. What is it?" Bonnie says looking concerned. "The bad mojo. When you touched Stefan and you had that reaction..."

"yeah what did you "see"?" I cross my hands. "You know what, forget I said that. Your little dinner party plot totally won me over." She nods a yes. "No, Bonnie, seriously. What was it? Did you see something, Or..."

Elena nods at my response. " It wasn't clear like a picture. Like today, I keep seeing those same numbers I told you about...8, 14, 22." Bonnie slowly answers. "When I touched Stefan, it was a feeling. And it vibrated through me, and it was cold, and it..." Bonnie pauses. 

"And what?" I shake Bonnie. "It was death. It's what I imagine death to be like." Bonnie sighs.

"Yeah uh...ok...um it's cold....I am just gonna go get a.....jacket from the car." I walk away toward our car.

---------------------------------------------------------

I grab a leather jacket and close the trunk and turn around to see that one and only Damon Salvatore. "You scared me. What are you doing here?" I cross my hand. 

"I'm hiding from Caroline." He says looking around. " Why?" I arch my eyebrows. "I needed a break. She talks more than I can listen." I nod saying "That could be a sign."

"Well, she's awfully young." He says backing away from my face. "Not much younger than you are." I say. "I don't see it going anywhere in the bigger picture. I think she'd drive me crazy." He smirks. 

"Caroline does have some really annoying traits, but we've been friends since the first grade and that means something to me." I glare at him. "Duly noted. I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable. That's not my intention." He smiles.

"Yes, it is. Otherwise, you wouldn't put an alternate meaning behind everything you say." I snap back."You're right. I do have other intentions, but so do you." He comes closer to me. "Really?" I question rolling my eyes slightly. " Mm-hmm. I see 'em. You want me." He smirks. "Excuse me?"

Damon looks right into my eye saying "I get to you. You find yourself drawn to me. You think about me even when you don't want to think about me. I bet you even dreamed about me. And you look like Katherine, so I can't help myself. And right now...You want to kiss me." I slap him really hard in his face.

"What the hell? I don't know what game you're trying to play with Stefan here, but my sister and I don't want to be part of it. And I don't know what happened in the past, but let's get one thing straight... My sister and I aren't Katherine." I push him off me and walk away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanner apparently got bitten by some animal and is dead........ "What kind of animal could be doing all this? Why would it come out of the woods and attack someone in the middle of town?" Elena turns toward me and Stefan. "Could have been a tiger?" I shrug. "I don't know. I don't know maybe?" Stefan chuckles.