Chapter 4: A heart to heart moment (Being rewritten)

(3rd person POV)

The Uglydolls and Xander were following mandy, as she was leading them through one of the institutes campus neighborhoods to their so called...'suite', the dolls were talking amongst themselves, and they would sometimes talk to mandy.

Xander was in the back of the group, being silent the whole walk and when one of his friends would ask for like an opinion, he would just smile and nod and just go back to being silent, xander would also look at the stars here and there, and he would contemplate what he should do next, but even though he would do these things, he would still remain silent.

"Xander?" He heard Moxy say, which snapped him out of his thoughts, he turned his attention toward her. "You doing alright back there, you're being pretty quiet?" She asked with a hint of concern.

Xander quickly put on a fake smile and nodded. "Yeah, i'm okay. Sorry about that, i was just thinking to myself, it's kinda like a habit of mine." He said, pretending to be fine, but deep down, he knew he wasn't fine.

Who could blame him? What would you do in his place, being in a world you're already familiar with, trying to get home while helping characters you thought were just fictional and having to keep secrets from them, secrets of you already knowing who they are, what they do and what happens next in their lives? If you were in this situation, you'd probably not be okay either.

Moxy smiles and looks back to her friends. "So anyway, we are definitely not 'Doll type 12.'" She said. "Everything is so different here."

"I'd say" Wage added.

"So you guys actually live in these boxes?" Babo asked. "Not that their bad boxes. They're all neat and organized and straight and symmetrical and clean and...whew, i'm okay." He finished, leaning on uglydog.

As the group walked, Mandy accidentally bumped into a tree and Xander kinda cringed at it, Mandy shakes it off. "Silly tree. Oh, my goodness. Okay. This way please." She said as the uglies and Xander follow. After like, i dunno, 5 more minutes of walking, the dolls and human arrive at the "Supply suite".

"What is that?" Moxy asked.

"That would be the supply she...suite, your home away from home." Mandy explained. The dolls gained excited looks.

"We are staying there?" Babo asked. Overcome by excitement, the dolls all rush in and mandy fumbles a bit.

Xander stood behind and helped her regain balance. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah, i'm fine, thank you... So, do they always do that?" Mandy asked as she looked at him.

"I'm not sure, i just met them today. So I'm not really sure." Xander replied

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah. But, knowing them, what you asked is probably right."

Mandy nodded in agreement. The doll and human walked towards the shed and saw that the uglies were trying to go inside all together and were struggling to get through the door.

Xander rolls his eyes and gives his friends a push and the uglies all fumble inside the shed and let out some gasps.

"Am i the only one seeing this?!" Uglydog asked.

"It's so industrial chic." Mandy said.

"'Industrial chic?' It's a shed, i mean there's boxes and a mop."

"Dibs on the mop, and the bucket of dirty water." Babo beamed. He hits a bucket of water with his mop and the bucket with the water splashes on Uglydog.

"Check out my spare tire." Wage chirped, hopping into a tire.

"It matches my other tire." Babo said.