Blood In the Cut

Chapter eighteen

Blood In the Cut

🍁ꕥ

Everything happened pretty fast.

The pack didn't even need to look for Tracy because she showed up at school, harming a girl named Hayden - at least that's what Liam said.

Then it went fast, Flora argued with Lydia if she should go with her and Kira to look for some clues to Tracy's house or if she should go with the rest of the pack to the Animal Clinic to try to figure out what was wrong with Tracy because apparently, a silver liquid came out of her mouth before passing out.

Lydia was very persuasive and convinced Flora to go with the rest of the pack, assuring her that they were able to sneak into Tracy's room by themselves.

Flora almost didn't listen to her but when Malia came in, asking for her, she gave in and went to the Animal Clinic with them.

Flora was the first to speak up when they laid Tracy's unconscious body on top of the silver table. "Is she dead?" She asked and kept her stare on the girl with a trail of silver fluid coming from her mouth while Deaton checked her reaction to a flashlight.

The blonde recognized the girl, knowing that she was in the same year as Liam and she most definitely saw her on one of the games but that was it.

"Pupils dilate under normal conditions." The man spoke up, looking concerned.

At that moment Tracy let out a heavy breath, signalizing that she was alive, just unconscious.

As Deaton explained what he thought was wrong, Stiles noticed the look on Flora's face - exhaustion. He didn't bring any attention to them, he just reached for her hand and squeezed it, showing her support.

Flora took a deep breath and squeezed his hand back, she knew that the precious stress-free summer was too good to be true, they had to run into trouble one way or another.

"It almost looks like mercury."

At that Tracy moved a little on the table, making Everton take a step back.

"Can't you just give her a shot of something?" Malia shrugged, watching the interaction from the corner of the room.

Deaton looked at the girl on the table. "She doesn't look to be in any pain." He pointed out.

"I meant a shot to kill her." Malia specified, receiving disappointed looks from the group.

Flora looked at the girl and motioned to her that she should cut it out.

"I generally prescribe to a code of ethics that frowns on such measures," Deaton answered.

"Malia." Scott finally spoke up as he looked at the werecoyote. "You know we're not going to do that."