#1 ~Colossians 3:5~

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫. 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡.

~OK now that's out of the way onto the story~

Once a month the town would sit down in our pews, cover our children's ears, and listen to the priest preach about the 7 deadly sins. 

This was something I was used too, I saw it as a form of fear mongering, guilt ensuing propaganda. If I was to do as they said I would go to heaven and join my granmew, if I did not I could say my goodbyes and spend the rest of my death in hell with Hitler and Napoleon.

'The second deadly sin, greed' The priest was drawling on, spitting information that we all knew as common sense.

Coloured light streamed from the stained glass windows. I was fascinated by these, how our church was told to never give in to lust and yet proudly displayed a woman's breasts for all to see. It was Eve, I suppose, surrounded in emerald green glass. A red splotch covered her shoulder, a bird, but what I spent most of my time looking at was just a bit further down.

I don't know why I did. I'm jealous I suppose, although my mother was gifted generously in the breast department the gene seemed to have skipped a generation.

'Lust is, in my opinion, one of the most deadly sins in todays modern society' The priest snapped me back to reality.

'Pornography is covering the walls of corner shops and boys lockers, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, god put us on this earth so WE could provide for our children' I glance back at the stained glass window and shift in my seat.

My mother glanced at me, blue eyes piercing, 'sit still' she barked. I would have rolled my eyes if I didn't know I would get a pinch.

I fix my blue dress pulling it back below my knees. I had a scar on one knee from when I was 11 that I preferred to be covered, my mother thought anything above the knee was a gateway to parenthood and so it was easier for both of us if I simply kept my skirt long.

Back to ignoring the priest I look around the hall again. One good thing about church is you pick up small things and get to piece together drama. 

Mrs Albeck was not sitting next to her sister who was seated somewhere behind. Family issues? 

Kendra's mother looked to have a glow about her. Pregnent?

Nothing fun, all boring, all predictable. As was every church visit.

I tried to get more into religion when I was younger but when your brother is on brink of death and father is drinking every night it's hard to trust in God that everything will be OK. Because things weren't OK and things aren't OK.

'I will now have my daughter finish of todays session' the priest informed.

The girl climbed up the steps to the stage in the centre of the church. Her long brown hair swayed as she walked, a naturel jutting of her hip exenterating her figure. Her long legs were covered in black tights and a cream floral dress squeezed against her thin waist and perky breasts. She was beautiful, in every sense of the word.

When I was small my brother had drawn me a biblically accurate angel, it wasn't very pretty, I had nightmares about it for the next two weeks. If I were to imagine an angel who would come down to me and guide me to the heavens it would be her.