Chapter Three: Be Nervous

                    Carrie stayed at my house last night. I think my mom likes the company. My dad and sister are having one of those father-daughter trip things again and so it’s just my mom and I at home for now. But whenever Carrie Bear is over the house it seems a lot brighter and happier. Even brighter than it already is anyways—since I’m already here. And Carrie’s parents just say yes because they are extreme pushovers and “want their baby girl to be happy all the time.”

                    At least that’s what they told me.

                    My mom isn’t home in the morning because she opens up at the pet shelter, so Carrie had to drive us in her little green Beetle. I was practically hyperventilating in the passenger seat as she cruised down the street and took a right off of my block.

                    What if Benji doesn’t want to talk to me? What if I annoy him? What if he doesn’t find me attractive? What if he thinks my breath stinks? What if my breath did stink? What if he thinks I was gay? I am gay—but that’s beside the point.

                    “Lion, if you keep breathing like an old fat man you’ll run out of carbon dioxide to breathe out.” I whip my head around to face her as my eyes grow large. Dammit, I am breathing like Santa Clause in the middle of the Sahara.

                    I calm myself down and try to take small even breathes. But how can I when I’m going to have to confront a sexy boy that wears tight pants and has a lip ring? It’s not something you can just do without panicking at least a little. Normally I have no problem with talking to people. This guy is ruining me before we even officially meet.

                    While I stare out the windshield trapped inside my own frenzied thoughts a small dainty lands on top of my. Carrie Bear’s dainty thumb rubs circles on the back of my hand while giving it a small reassuring squeeze. Her pale skin against mine is hypnotizing while her hot pink nail polish clashes with my navy blue. I look up and see a small smile on her pretty face, causing her rosy cheeks to become even rounder. She’s as pretty as a doll.

                    I reach out and brush a brown curl behind her little pixie ears as she turns back to the road. “Thanks Carrie Bear. I’ll be fine. He’s just a boy, right?” She grins and nods as she pulls into the school parking lot. She gives me another reassuring smile before we both climb out of the car and walk to the doors together. We walk with our arms linked and our bags over our opposite shoulders. Today’s she’s wearing a baby blue skirt with a white button up top and white flats with big yellow bows on the toes. I decided to match her and wear a light yellow button up with dark skinny jeans and white converse. If we were a couple, I think we would be pretty darn cute. Too bad her anatomy doesn’t come with a certain part I seem to enjoy the most.

                    Even when she somewhat towers over me, she still manages to look all small and adorable. I smile cheekily at everyone that passes and even wave at some gawkers. It’s too bad Carrie Bear stops me every time I shout at them. The looks on their faces are hilarious. There is no need to be staring at us. We are just too cute for your brains to comprehend but staring is still rude.

                    As we approach the front, I see a figure hop off of the hood of their truck and make their way towards us. I try to ignore them as they call my name but know he’s like a wild cat tracking its prey. Which is quite ironic since my name is Lion. Ha.

                    His fingers curl around my free wrist gently and he gives a slight tug to pull me to a halt. When I look back over my shoulder I sigh at who I see.

                    Declan stands with one hand running through his messy brown hair and the other giving my wrist a soft squeeze. He looks conflicted, his hazel eyes shifting around to watch his football team—who are all ogling us—and then back to me and Carrie. He clears his throat and then stands up straighter, trying to make himself look bigger next to my best friend. “Can I talk to you?”

                    I go to shake my head no when he squeezes again and says, “Please, Lion.”

                    I bite my lip in thought before slowly nodding and motioning for him to talk. His eyes slide to Carrie before back to me and my eyes narrow. “Anything you want to say to me you can say in front of Carrie Bear. She’s my witness in case we have to go to court.”

                    Declan gives an exasperated sigh and rubs his freckle covered face with his hand but still nods in agreement. “Look, about yesterday. I just wanted to say I’m sorry. I went too far and I never meant to…I just…I’m sorry.” My mouth falls open in shock before I close it quickly and nod. I don’t have to forgive him since he’ll probably go back to teasing me after this, but he’s never apologized before so of course I’m shocked. And pretty happy.

                    Carrie goes to walk away with me when Declan, who still hasn’t released my wrist, gives another tug. “Wait, that guy yesterday. Do you know him?” I furrow my eyebrows in confusion over the question before shaking my head no. I will know him soon enough though, thank goodness.

                    He gives my answer a nod, pulls his varsity jacket tighter around his tight white t-shirt, and goes to walk away. But before I can leave we lock eyes. His hazel eyes are brimming with unreadable emotions that make me even more on edge.

                    “You should have it stay that way.”

_________________________________________________________

A/N

A triple update 0-0 Kitty, you crazy girl. 

I just like the story, leave me alone you judgers! So tell me what you think and um...what do you thinkk is going on? With Benji? With Declan? With Momma Lion? Idk, I'm just the author. Love, toodles! It's too late I need sleep.

**Declan on the side as the cutie Wynston Shannon and some musica for you-ica**

Luvs and Kisses,

Kitty