ICARUS

Overcome by the giddiness that flying lends him, ICARUS soars into the sky. But Icarus is flying too close to the sun. He keeps flapping his wings to realise he has no feathers left. So he throws his head back, and he laughs. The wax scorches his skin, blazing trails down his back, Death breathing burning kisses against his neck. And so, with his arms spread wide, and teeth bared, he falls into the sea.
━━ THE LEGEND OF ICARUS

best read in
hoefler font
smallest size

ICARUS
𝒔𝒚𝒏𝒐𝒑𝒔𝒊𝒔

LUKE CASTELLAN loves fiercely.
But TESSA SAMSON falls harder.

His unmarred face stares at her, his eyes glittering like the golden apple he so desperately sought. He blinks once, twice. He doesn't know what she is asking him. It is a straightforward question, yet he cannot answer. He smiles at her and laughs it off.

Yet she asks him again, time and time again, when scars tainted his skin and bruises turned her body inky. For a while, he answers, and finds it comes easily to him. He is proud of his truth.

   They sit in silence sometimes, existing in one another. It is the first time she feels calm, able to relax within herself. He brings out the best in her. She wonders often what would happen if she gave him a chance, like he so desperately wanted.

   Existing and living were one and the same, at least with him. She knew that as long as she existed by him, she lived. Golden boy, curious child. She decides that she cannot lose him.

   A world of music and love is nothing without someone to share it, but balance must be retained. Darkness breeds misery and greed, glory taunting what could be innocent. She seems unable to realise this; unable or unwilling?

But she knows that living is far more important. And so she tries with him. Over and over again.

OR...

in which a daughter of the sun god
falls for a son of thievery and trickery.