23

"A talk? About what?"

"Let's go outside."
She follows behind me as we head outside.

She crosses her arms.
"So what is this about?"

I talk low and nice. I'm like 99% sure she's going after my boyfriend, but I also still hate being rude.

"Listen. I know you've been hanging around Ukai recently."
She nods.
"Yeah he is my friend after all."

"Well the thing is. You've been kinda flirty from what I've noticed. And it's not me either. Other people are seeing this too. I just wanted you to back off a little."

"Oh I see. You don't like me because you think I was a bitch in high school right? You're just trying to treat me terribly now."

What?
I raise an eyebrow.
"No no. I just don't want-"

"Well you know what? You're right! I am flirting with Ukai. We've been friends for a really really long time. I like him. Yes I do and you won't get in the way. He'll come crawling to me just like all the other guys do. I'll make sure of it."

Welp she's kinda crazy. I wasn't actually expecting her to say this.
"You do know we're dating right?"
She glares.
"Of course I do, but you don't deserve him. He belongs to someone like me."

I feel myself rise with anger.
"Belong? Seriously!? You think he's some sort of object or something. Listen he and I are dating which means he doesn't plan on leaving me anytime soon. End of story. You can try all you like, but you won't break us."

"Fine!"
I cross my arms.
"Fine!"
She stalks off flicking her hair behind her as she goes.
I groan.
Ugh why me! If it's a fight she wants then it's a fight she's gonna get. I walk back in and already I see Lynn near Ukai.
I roll my eyes.
I smile at Ukai and he waves me over.

"Hey", I say.
"Hey! So Lynn was just thinking maybe all 3 of us should get some lunch together."
I grit my teeth. Lynn smiles at me all innocently.
"Oh she did. Well I'm not doing anything so I suppose that's fine."

Ukai smiles. I really like him, but yeah he is kinda dumb and oblivious. No offense.

"Alright ladies I better get back to practice. I'll see you later then."
He gives me a quick kiss on the head and I stick my tongue out at her as he leaves.
She scoffs.
Yeah I think I'll win.

Takeda comes running up to me.
"You've gotta tell me what happened. I saw y'all making faces at each other. Spill."

"Well she's definitely not on my good side. You were right too. She's going after him. Just as I thought."
He placed a hand on my shoulder.
"You'll be fine. You've got that man wrapped around your finger. She's just being all petty. She only wants him because he's attractive, strong, popular, and what not."

"Yeah yeah. He is he is. Oh and she decided we should all go get lunch together. Isn't that just great? Lunch.........with Lynn."

Takeda gives me a reassuring smile.
"Ukai will be there. So I'm sure it will be fine. She can't pull anything with him around."

"Yeah I guess you're right. I'll let you know how it goes afterward."

"Yes please do."

**
"Lynns gonna meet me at my place, so I'll pick you up after that. Is that okay?"

No she's literally going to your house!
"Yep that's fine."

"Cool. Well then I'll see you in like an hour."
I wave him goodbye and Lynn pops up.

"Can I help you?"

She shakes her head and smiles.
"Oh no. I'm just waiting for our lunch together. It's nice that Ukai's letting me come over to his house."

I'm gonna lose my mind if she talks even more.
"Yep he's just my little sweetheart."
She frowns at my.
"I'm just gonna head out. I guess I'll see you later. Don't feel like a third wheel too much."
I walk away before she can say anything .

**
I browse through my closet. I want to look nice, nicer than Lynn. Is that petty?
Yes. No. Maybe......hmm I don't know!
I just want him to only have eyes for me.

So back to it. Red dress with the tiny slit at the bottom or black dress with lace.
I'll go with the black one. I think I remember Ukai saying something about loving lace.
He might've meant in a different situation....ah but the dress will be all the same.
I feel great.

I get a text from Ukai when I finish dressing. He'll be here in a few minutes.
I touch up my makeup and take a look.

There's a knock on the door.
Okay here we go.
I smile and approach the door. I always love when he escorts me to his car.

"Hey", I say as I open the door.
Of course it's not him.
"Oh."

She smiles.
"Haha nice to see you too. Let's go."

I take a breath.
I will be fine. Right y/n we got this. I've tackled much worse than this.

Lynn stays ahead of me the whole way down, which is great because then she can't see the faces I'm making at her.
Ukai waves at us when we exit. Lynn hops into the front seat. I sigh and take the back.

"Ready guys?"
We both nod.
The whole car ride is full of Lynn talking. I just sit back and look out the window the whole time. When we arrive she quickly hops out and goes to open his door.
I scoff and get out as well. She's really trying isn't she?

"Oh we've been here before", Lynn says to Ukai.

"Yeah in high school. It's still as busy as ever."
I feel a ping of jealousy.
I wish I had gotten to have a better relationship with him back then, but the past doesn't matter. Right now what matters is making Lynn back off and that's what I'll do.

Woohoo another chapter🙈🕺🕺