Music That Helped Me Through

I think I relied on music, when I finally discovered the music I'm into. I didn't really discover bands until 7th grade. I knew about them but I didn't listen to them. I had a friend named Elizabeth and she showed me All Time Low and as time progressed she introduced me to heavier and heavier bands.

Thus began my love for acoustic music. I love heavy music and all but acoustic music is my go to when I am in one of my "moods".

I started off with Remembering Sunday and then the acoustic of that song then a few A Day To Remember acoustics such as "All I Want" and "Have Faith In Me"

Today when I'm on the verge of breaking I listen to All Time Low's MTV Unplugged acoustic version of "CoffeeShop Soundtrack", Taking Back Sunday's "Cute Without The 'E'" acoustic and A Day To Remember "Have Faith In Me" and "HomeSick" both acoustic.

The songs soothe me and make me forget everything.

Coffeeshop Soundtrack is one of my favorites because of the emotion behind the song. If you did not know, the song is about an affair Alex Gaskarth (lead singer of All Time Low) having with a married woman and he had to meet her in secret places such as a coffeeshop. The emotion for me is he sings with so much pain in his heart. The way his voice carries out the words. It's everything I can't do with words. I can't really explain it but it's like if I needed, his voice could speak everything I ever needed to say.

Taking Back Sunday's song Cute without the E... I mean come on. The title should tell you what it meant to me. Let's take the word Cute and take the E off the end. What does that leave? The word "cut" and what did I used to do to my thighs? Cut. The lyrics are about his girlfriend cheating on him, I believe the lyrics are "your lipstick, his collar, I know exactly what's going on" and then him asking if she'd rather kill him or he killed himself? "Which would you prefer my finger on the trigger or me facedown, down across your floor." So there's that.

A Day To Remember's Homesick. I dunno, it just fits when I'm having family issues. My family is a bit hectic. My oldest brother doesn't come around as much, my middle brother is in jail, and then there's me and my younger brother. My parents go through this "we're together and we are staying together" to "We're over and I'm packing the kids and moving across the country" shit and the song just describes how I would be if I ran away. "Tell dad I'm alright and I wrote you some soft songs" yeah that's describes me if I were gone.

And then we come to Have Faith In Me. To me (and this meaning has never been confirmed nor denied) he's trying to reach out to someone, assumably, a girlfriend or love of some sort. "I said I'd never let you go and I never did, I said I'd never let you fall and I always meant it." Okay this is where I start sounding crazy (I mean my nickname is Syko (psycho) lol okay let's get back to the point), I feel like he is speaking to me, to the fans, like he's promising the music will always be here, that we will be okay and that they're always going to help us through. But that's just my interpretation of the song.

There are a few other songs I listen to, some that are good to listen to when you're depressed or having bad thoughts, others not so much, but for some people the bad songs are what help them realize they aren't alone.

More Songs:
1. Anatome by Jaime Preciado
2. Angels Cry by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
3. Another Song About The Weekend (acoustic) by A Day To Remember
4. Bruised & Scarred acoustic by Mayday Parade
5. Bullet by Hollywood Undead (warning: may be a trigger for some people. High Alert on this one.)
6. Carolyn by Black Veil Brides
7. Crash land by Twin Atlantic
8. I Miss You by Blink-182
9. I Swear This Time I Mean It by Mayday Parade
10. I'm The Secret by Jaime Preciado
11. Intoxicated I Love You by SayWeCanFly
12. Iris (cover) by Sleeping With Sirens (I also recommend the original by the Goo Goo Dolls)
13. Kids In Love by Mayday Parade
14. The Last To Say by Atmosphere (Warning: May Cause Triggers If You Are Victim To Abuse BUT give it a listen at least once. It'll help you realize some things.)
15. Lead You On by Machine Gun Kelly (warning: he talks about his drug use and how he tried to overdose on it.)
16. Miles Away by Memphis May Fire ft. Kellin Quinn
17. Miserable At Best by Mayday Parade
18. The Mortician's Daughter by Black Veil Brides
19. Oh Well, Oh Well, (acoustic) by Mayday Parade
20. The One I Gave My Heart To by Aaliyah
21. Sing For Me by Yellowcard
22. So Contagious by Jaime Preciado
23. Someone Somewhere (acoustic) by Asking Alexandria (I prefer Ben Bruce's version, the way he sings it makes me cry :( :) )
24. Swing Life Away (acoustic) by Machine Gun Kelly ft. Kellin Quinn.
25. Terrible Things by Mayday Parade (warning: if you've recently lost someone this may trigger you.)
26. Therapy by All Time Low
27. Wake Me Up by Ed Sheeran
28. Yesterday by Atmosphere (if you had a bad relationship with a family member then this is a possible trigger as well.)
29. Your Song (acoustic) by Mayday Parade
30. Savior by Black Veil Brides
31. A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke
32. Deathbeds by Bring Me The Horizon