Tales From the Commonwealth

Charlie Florence

Charlie Florence peaked out from his makeshift cover: the numerous slain super mutants greeted his gaze. With a relaxed sigh he lowered his backpack, placing his SMG in and zipping it up just around the butt of the gun. Charlie had cleared out a small department store from its recent mutant inhabitants, given how close they were to his town, New Boston. This wasn't the towns first run in with violent neighbors but it was the first super mutant occupants they've had to face.

Reaching into his back pocket Charlie pulled out a Walkie talkie, he used it to keep in contact with the town. "This is Florence, do you copy Graves?"
"Roger. How's it goin' Charlie?" "Well I'm still in one piece." "I assume you took care of our lovely neighbors?" "Wonderful people, I think they wanted to take me out to brunch." "Hehe, damn, Now I wish I got to meet em, I would've put them up to that offer." Charlie laughed. "Oh bullshit you were more than welcome to take this mission." "Hey you gotta believe me Florence I would've, but it was your week. Plus you still owe me for Jamaica Plains... sick my ass... lazy bastard." They both laughed.

"Alright I appreciate the reminder, but I've got a whole town to finish checkin'." "Hehe, okay man, stay safe." "You too, over and out."

Jane Florence

Jane read an issue of Tale's From the Commonwealth while watching her son Jamie frolicking about at the playground. Tale's From the Commonwealth was a secret hobby of Charlie's that only she knew about. He always wanted to write about events going on in the world, similar to the Boston Bugle, and after his retirement from the Responders, he decided to fully commit to it. He'd write the issues on the days he was switched out of patrol duty with Jane; while also taking care of Jamie.

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a holotape titled "50s-20s Greatest Hits", looking at it in an almost hypnotic state. She was immediately brought back to reality when her Walkie Talkie began to buzz. "This is Florence, do you copy Emerson?" "Roger. What's up?" "Eh not much, just... just checkin' in." "Oh, well I just got done reading the latest issue of Tale's From the Commonwealth. Great as always." Charlie smirked. "Thanks... how's Jamie?" Jane looked to Jamie. "Right now it looks like he's stick fighting with Robinson's kid." "Who's winning?" "They look pretty close-matched but... OH... Jamie just knocked the stick out of his hand." "Hehe... that's my boy."

Jane smiled. "Alright, well I'm gonna sign off... have to make sure he didn't hurt the kid..." "Right. I'm gonna finish up the town, about done searching, I'll try to be back in the next hour."
"Okay, be careful Charlie; and don't forget that if anything happens... you get out of there alright?" "Will do... love you." ".. Love you too. Over and out."

Jane put the Walkie Talkie in her right pocket, and with a final glance at the holotape, she placed it in her left pocket.