Chapter 7: Hospital and Healing

At the Hospital

Clint is in the waiting room pacing nervously. Why am I so nervous? I don't even know the guy.

"You're nervous because the kid almost died in your arms and you care about him already." Natasha said

"Oh, I said that aloud?" Clint asked.

"Yeah."

They continue to wait until they hear the doctor coming towards them.

Scott stands up quickly.

"What's up? Is he okay? How bad is it? How long does he have to be here?" Scott asks all at once.

"He is going to be ok, it was on and off for a while but he's stable now. You guys got him just in time." The Doctor says.

Scott lets out a breath of relief falling into the chair with his head in his shaky hands.

"Lydia, he may be stable now but anythi-anything could happen." Scott stuttered.

"What are the extent of his injuries?" Fury asks the Doctor.

The doctor sighs looking at the group, then looking away not sure how to respond

"Well, he's a strong one, that's for sure. He's got marks from what it looks like are claws down his face, chest and back. He seems to have been slashed and cut with multiple different knives on his arms, shoulders and lower back. He also has burn marks from what appears to differ from a lighter to a blowtorch, there are even some scorched cigarette marks travelling down his arms. He's lucky he doesn't have any head injuries beside the concussion that knocked him out." The doctor explains.

Scott flinches at the words, keeping his head down with tears running down his puffy cheeks.

"God why did we have to fall asleep before him. Damn it." Scott said as his eyes start to glow red so he keeps his head down.

"Hey, we couldn't have known. Just the fact that Derek planned this beforehand meant he was going to make his move." Lydia explains, crouching down at his level, keeping his eyes from the doctor's sight.

"How close are the two of them?" Clint asked looking at Natasha. 

"Close enough that they don't know how close" She responds, before turning to the room that Stiles is in.

"You guys can go in, he won't wake up for a few hours" The doctor says solemnly before leaving.

Scott gets up turning to the wall, his hands clenched in fists, he raises one up ready to punch the wall that gets grabbed by Isaac.

"Isaac let me go." Scott said his eyesight blurry with tears

"No." Isaac said, shaking his head.

"Isaac please."

"No." Isaac refuses, "Get it together, Stiles needs us, he's gonna have a tough time ahead of him and we need to be there for him"

"How am I supposed to be there when I'm too amped up and ready to kill Derek?" Scott asked, holding his breath trying to not growl as he turns around making eye contact with Clint and Natasha.

"You two are trained assassins, right?" He asked his eyes back to their doe brown eyes.

"Yeah, why?" Clint asks him.

"I need you two to do something for me, please." Scott tells them.

"I have a feeling I know what you're talking about" Natasha tells him

"If you mean hunting Derek down and ripping him to pieces, then yes" Scott says with a small strained smile at the end.

"Gladly." Clint said immediately confusing Natasha as she looks at him with a raised eyebrow. He looks at her with a face that contorts into a 'what?' face before blushing slightly and turning away from her knowing gaze.