Chapter 14

The Wild Area was perfect place to train for the champion tournament and a great place to spend with family. Allister was with his mum and Bridget in the Dusty Bowl section of the Wild Area. Lady Grey had evolved into a polteageist with his mum's help since she had the item he needed.

Holmes the yamask was working hard to be a big hitter for Allister.

While they were training, two people came upon their camp.

"Allister, fancy seeing you here," said one of the women.

Allister looked over when he heard his name.

"...ello Miss Siobhan, ....Miss Aashni"

"Are you two doing some training out here," asked Bridget.

"Yes, we are. We don't want to stay in the minor league next year," said Siobhan.

Siobhan and Aashni were the bug and electric gym leaders in the minor league. Siobhan was a pale woman with long curly red hair and blue eyes. She originally lived in southern Galar in the highlands. When she wasn't running a gym, she was a fashion designer that uses her Pokemon's silk to make durable clothes. Aashni was a dark skinned woman with heterochromia in her eyes. One was blue and the other a pinkish red. She was born and raised the big city of Wydon. Rumors had it that she was a hacker for the government but no one dares to ask.

With his mum and Bridget's encouragement, Allister invited the other gym leaders to train with him.

Aashni and Allister battled each other while the others watched. Bridget cheered for Allister but kept a slight distance from Siobhan's pokemon. She felt bad but she was scared of bug pokemon even the butterfly ones.

"You can do it Bast," said Aashni to her luxio.

Bast was battling against Holmes the yamask and was fairing okay despite the slight type disadvantage. Holmes won the battle but was injured. Bridget was on her way over to Allister to heal Holmes but the pokemon started glowing. When the glowing stopped Holmes looked different. He evolved into a runerigus!

Aashni opened her pokedex and it said horrible info about the pokemon. Allister and Bridget both talked to the pokemon to see if his spirit was truly absorbed by stone tablet. Both children let out a sigh of relief that Holmes spirit was still intact and that the pokedex entry lied. Bridget always questioned some of the entries especially regarding Allister's beloved ghosts. A lot of them were more superstition than fact. Bridget should know since she could talk to pokemon.

Allister and Aashni kept battling while Siobhan got a bug net out to go bug hunting. She was looking for cutiefly and riombee which were rare in the region due to the rainy weather. They were the only bugs that Bridget was not afraid of since they were fair folk to her more than bugs. They also made yummy puffs of deliciousness.

"I will ask the pokemon in the area if they have seen any but I doubt they would be any around here in the Dusty Bowl," said Bridget.

She climbed some of the high rocks to look around to see which areas might have combee and vespaqueen. Cutiefly love honey so they would be in the same area of those pokemon.

The wind was picking up and some birds in the area was talking about a sandstorm coming. When Bridget heard that she hurried off the rock she was on to warn everyone. On her way she tripped on something and realized it was a meowth's tail. The cat hissed and his comrades came running and leading the pack was a purrsurker.