Chapter 1: A Typical Morning.

Jo

The vibrant ringing alarm that sits on the nightstand wakes me every morning. Just like that, the loop starts as I continue my routine like every other day.

Most people find it mundane to be stuck in a loop, doing the same routine day after day. But it is rather riveting than prosaic. I don't mind it; it keeps me prepared for the day.

I drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom like I do every day. I rinse my face with water after brushing my teeth to remove any traces of drowsiness. I look at my reflection while examining myself in the bathroom's enormous mirror. Some of the tiny hairs in my bun of brunette hair adhered to my damp forehead as water ran down my face.

In the bathroom's light, I could see my brown eyes. I inherited them from my mother, Rosetta Vanderbilt, the former Alpha of the Crescent Moon Pack and the current Luna of the Silver Crescent Moon Pack.

They say I am my mother's daughter, and I couldn't agree more.

I stride into my closet, which is colour-coded and labelled with different types of clothing for various occasions.

I suppose I have a slight obsession with perfection.

On a piece of paper, I've planned out my entire life in chronological order. It prevents me from straying from the path and making mistakes.

Some think it's tragic, but it helps me get ahead and think forward. It gives me assurance, like a guarantee, to achieve everything I deserve and the security of a successful future.

I quickly changed into black yoga pants and a tank top for my workout session. I walked downstairs to the ground-floor home gym to start my workout while it was still hazy outside.

******

With success also comes failure.

The irony is bliss.

Failure is the very essence of success, even if the two words are diametrically opposed and cannot function without the action of the other.

But failure is the precursor of other disfavored emotions that corrupt you. Thus, discipline is required.

There are many ways to learn discipline. To me, it's in the form of working out, practising, and exercising. It makes me ready to encounter any crisis, whether physical or cognitive.

So, to keep my head in the game, I put all my emotions into working out rather than swarming my mind with irrational thoughts that may cloud my judgement.

When the clock strikes seven, I leave the gym and head towards the training grounds.
The sun rose slowly from the horizon, and the sky was bathed in some light as a gentle breeze blew—just the perfect weather for another victory.

I watch silently from the corner of the field as my older brother, Luke, and my father spar.

The name Luke comes from Lucius Xavier Vanderbilt, my older brother. Coffee-brown hair, amber eyes, and an athletic body that he must maintain in order to become the pack's leader—the Alpha—make him nearly every girl's dream boy. Unfavourably, this fact dramatically bolsters his ego.