falling

Emma returned to her castle spinning around happily. Her friend Gilda swam up to her "you sure seem happy today princess Emma"

Emma smiled and swam over to Gilda "well I suppose you could say I am happy" the mermaid said. "Also you know you can just call me Emma, were friends after all" Gilda smiled "Yes, now Emma I need you becuase we really should start looking at wedding attire for you to wear". The smile on Emma's face dissapeared rather quickly. "Oh Emma whats with the gloomy look, this will be fun come on". Gilda took Emma's hand but Emma didn't budge.

"Whats wrong?" Asked Gilda swishing her dark green tail. Emma sighed "I don't want to marry Norman". Gilda seemed confused "hm why not you two already get along?". "Becuase I don't like him that way, and I never have Norman is only a friend to me and nothing more,plus... never mind" said the princess as she fidgeted with the small braids in her short hair. "What were you gonna say Emma?, come on you can't leave me hanging". Said Gilda.

"Okay okay, but don't ask questions, but I think I've fallen for someone" said the mermaid with a soft smile. "Whaaat!?, who's the lucky boy?" Said Gilda. Emma sighed "Shes a girl Gilda!, and I can't tell you". Gilda gave Emma a surprised look "a girl!, how sweet, why can't you tell me about her?". The princess sighed "you would tell my mother and also im defiantly not supposed to be talking to her", Gilda gasped "Forbidden love?" Emma waved her hands infront of her face. "Alright enough questions Gilda, also please don't tell anyone about this" said Emma. Gilda nodded and ruffled Emma's hair. "Got it lover girl" she said and then went swimming off.

Shortly after Emma went back into the castle she saw Norman. She didn't know he was gonna be here. He swam over to her before she had the chance to aggressively leave. "Hey Emma!" Norman said with a smile. Emma sighed "Hi Norman.." she said in an unhappy tone. "Whats wrong Emma, you should be excited don't you think". Emma shook her head "look Norman I cant hold it in anymore!!". Norman gave Emma a confused look. "I'm sorry but I don't want to marry you, and your just a friend to me and all of this has been very confusing and hard  for me"  said Emma. Norman sighed "yeah I was pretty sure you felt that way, but there's no choice in the matter". Emma shook her head and swam out of the castle "Emma!" She heard Norman call her name but she just kept swimming. As she swam deeper into the depths of the dark ocean Emma found a cave she went inside and started to cry. All of this was so unfair and sudden she knew mermaid roliaty and traditions had been this way for centuries but she sure wished it were diffrent. She wished she could talk to Violet right now like truly talk to her and have her understand what she's saying.

Suddenly Emma heard a voice "this way child" the mermaid looked up "who's there!?" She called out. A mermaid swam out with gray skin and purple hair pulled back into braids and a mask covering her eyes. "Hello im Mujika, I think I can help you child". Emma swam closer "how can you help me?".  Mujika smiled and took Emma's hands in hers. "I'm a witch, a good witch I do magic and you seem so troubled, I believe I can help you". Emma sighed "a witch?, you know what sure why not". Mujika nodded "follow me young one" she said as she swam down into another cave Emma followed. The cave was filled with potions and colorful plants and had a stort of pink lighting to it.

Time skip [Emma tells Mujika everything]

"Oh my, I see you've fallen in love with a human and you wish to speak to her" Mujika said. Emma nodded, "don't worry child I can help you, I will make you a potion that will give you the ability to speak human language" said Mujika with a soft smile. "Human language!, wow!!" Emma jumped up spinning around. "But for a price", "Whats the price becuase ill totally pay it, not only will I be able to talk to Violet, I can also learn more about humans from the other humans as well and get to really talk with real life humans!!, ill find out so much, it'll be amazing!". Mujika smiled again "the price is your ear I will need to remove one of your ears, you choose which, im warning you it'll hurt but im sure it'll be worth it yes?".

Emma was shocked she knew it was a big sacrifice but she really wanted to talk to humans. "But won't mother notice?" Emma said. "You could just say it was an incident with a shark, I use shark teeth to remove it", Emma gulped "I suppose so, well I think its worth the sacrifice for how much I can gain, and I think this will be good for my kind as well, I think we can learn alot from humans". Mujika nodded "Alright now lay down im gonna put you to sleep while I remove your ear".

Time skip
Emma had left Mujika's cave after having her ear removed, it stung but she could talk to humans now!. Her first act of business was gonna be to go talk to Violet and her crew.

Authors note: woo chapter three, mermaid roliaty s ucks,  but Emma is gonna change things bc she is swag soon, and also be with her pirate girlfriend <33