Why Black Lives Don't Matter

The latest trending news in Nigeria today yet again talks about why black lives don't matter. The killing and persecution of blacks like dogs that are infected with rabies in the western world and the USA has again reignited an old debate about how important black life should be considered and the slogan is "Black Lives Matter". Gone are the days when we used to believe in the fact that "all people are born equal". Though there are numerous catchy phrases like these nothing changes when it comes to the black race.

Today the question is why has this race degraded amongst all human races and there is no value to their lives

Today the question is why has this race degraded amongst all human races and there is no value to their lives. Walter Rodney, a black pioneer quoted how Europe outlined the decease of slavery around 100 years back and mentioned how they were shipped from Africa as slaves to the other parts of the world to develop societies that added no significance to their lives.

The conclusion about this race has always been true. Be it Basil Davison who said the blacks are doomed because of their slavish adoption and not sticking to their own culture. Areoye Oyebola said that he was always treated as an outsider no matter where he went. Without any doubt, you will find a black man considered equal to an animal or a prehistoric. And nothing captures the vulnerability of a black man than his inability to grow his food or manage his waste. But none of these great thinkers were able to explain the origin of these sufferings.

However, the most important question here to be asked is that did any of the African leaders paid attention to these sufferings and the fear of the thinkers. Did someone make an effort to improve the conditions of the blacks and remove them from the list of endangered species? The answer is Yes, some leaders did show some concern and paid attention towards their existence. Julius Nyerere is one such leader who promoted Ujamah or African Socialism. Nelson Mandela and Kenneth Kaunda advocated ethical values and exemplary leadership. Obafemi believed education would be the gateway to their freedom and Kwame Nkrumah stood up against socialist banners. But the statesmen and politicians remain undisturbed about the screams of the thinkers.

The black man living in temperate regions never had any reason to fight back and find an answer to his existential problems and the same was with the Caucasian race. These people should be considered as the real children of Jesus Christ as they sacrificed almost everything for humanity to live a happy life. Their ancestors lived without ambition. The leaders refused to be happy in the environment they were living in and did everything to overcome the obstacles. They sold their people and watch them develop the Caucasian lands making their history inexplicable.

Colonialism was imposed where they were supplying raw material to the Caucasian industries and fighting people they were never against. Once colonialism became less profitable, neocolonialism came into existence. There were series of incidents that made the race complacent, visually impaired, and ambitious and these are the reason why black lives don't matter.

Follow Nigeriastack.com for more Latest business news in Nigeria