1

"That was..." Derek panted.

"Amazing." The woman beside him turned to him; a glistening smile spread across her face. She reached her arm across his torso, pulling her body into his. Both continued their heavy breaths, still coming down from their high. Derek stroked the woman's hair gently, his mind still in a heavenly daze.

However soon enough, like all good things, it came to an end when a terrifying reality dawned upon Derek. His body shot up letting the bed sheet that covered him fall completely on top of the woman. She hastily pushed it down from her face and brushed the pieces of dirty blonde hair that stuck to her sweat-covered face away, frowning at the man in front of her.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Did the hugging get too personal for you or something?" She snapped.

"No, no it's not that..." Derek muttered, trying to find his pyjamas as he scattered through his drawers. He pulled on a pair of flannel bottoms and returned to the bed, sitting at the edge opposite of the woman. He looked down to his lap for a moment, then back to the woman, who still expressed a frown. Derek sighed and faced the wall opposite of his bed, turning away from the woman.

After a while, she wrapped herself in the blanket due to feeling exposed in the then awkward atmosphere. She crawled beside the man once she'd done so, and silently sat just a few inches away from him. Finally, Derek turned to look at her. In a timid voice, the woman asked, "What is it?"

Derek took in her slouched posture. Her knees tightly put together as her feet rest on his hard-wood floor, whilst her hands held the blanket, she wrapped around herself tightly bundled in the centre of her chest. Derek scooted closer to her, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. He stared into her piercing green eyes and kissed her slowly before he allowed her to relax her body into his. They sat quietly for a few minutes with only their breathing filling the atmosphere.

"You want to reply or are you just gonna leave me here in silence?" The woman whispered into his chest. Derek giggled a little as she did too. They quickly settled back into the silence before Derek spoke.

"We didn't use um..." He cleared his throat awkwardly; not really sure he should say what he was about to. Most guys don't even care, they were only a one-night stand. Even if it was the best one-night stand he'd ever had, and even if he felt safer than he'd felt in forever as she lay close to him. He was worried he would judge her for what he was about to ask but worked up the courage to do so anyway. He was the type of guy who cared, even if it was dumb. "We didn't use protection."

Derek felt her stiffen in his arms. He freaked her out. His mind suddenly spurred in control with every bad thought he could possibly have.

I'm such an idiot, I freaked her out. Maybe she just thinks I'm a freak. This is so stupid oh my god why did I even ask? Why did-

Out of nowhere, the woman burst out laughing. Derek looked at her confusedly, not knowing if it was out of shock, or because of his apparent idiocy. She continued to laugh with no end, until Derek grabbed her by her sides and forced her into eye contact with him. Finally, her giggled resided, but the smile spread across her face did not.

"Are you okay?" Derek questioned.

"I'm fine, it's just, I've never had someone worry about that before. Like, nobody's really actually cared enough to ask, it's just a little funny." She replied, with another laugh. Derek went to defend herself before she beat him to it. "It's sweet though, that you care. Thank you. But you really don't have to." The woman unwrapped herself from Derek's grasp and scanned the room for the dress she wore previously.

"What do you mean I don't have to?" Derek inquired.

"You just don't have to. Trust me." She spoke confidently.

"Well can I know why?" He spoke.

"You know, we don't have to do the thing. Exchange the details... pretend we care." Meredith replied.

"Come on. We slept together, the least you could do is offer some details." Derek joked, trying to cover the hurt he felt from her words. 'Pretend we care.'

The woman sighed as she pulled the dress back over her body and covered the body Derek was so quickly drawn to. "Fine. You really want to know?" Meredith asked. Derek nodded eagerly.

"Now you're getting it." He spoke.

She sat next to him, looking at him with big eyes. His excited expression softened. She was taking an awfully long time to reply, and it made his skin itch.

"I am dying. And because I am dying, I decided to get a hysterectomy so that in my final moments, I didn't go all baby. So, you do not have to worry. She gave him a quick pat on the back before she made her way to the bedroom door. She turned back to Derek for a moment, leaning against the frame. "I'll show myself out. Thanks for tonight."

And with that, she was gone.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————
hi y'all here's the first chapter for this story, i hope you enjoy it :) :)

idk where it's going but i have quite a few chapters written in advance so like ya know

have a good day/night and please vote :) :) :)

will try and update soon