Chapter 8: True Colours

Jin drove - as if the devil was on his tail - he had to get to the house. There was no telling what Minyu could be up to. He did not care that he was driving past the speed limit. How could he forget that he and Minyu were living together? It had to be all this stress - that was on his shoulders, his company . . . Barely surviving the debt, he let out a sigh.

"Will this plan even work?" He asked out loud as his driveway came into view.

He stopped before the gates - his security guard came close to the window, "Mr Kim, welcome home."

"Good evening, Shin. Is Minyu here?" He asked curiously.

Shin shook his head. "No, sir. I heard a few crashes . . . and then she drove away with the devil on her tail."

That was what he was afraid of . . . he plastered a smile on his face. "Could you let me in?"

Shin opened the gates, "Have yourself a good evening, sir."

Jin dipped his head and sped away up the driveway. It was a long walk from the gate to the house - luckily, he was in a car, the yard was huge, and he had a wonderful garden filled with Cherry blossoms and roses.

"Minyu, what have you done?" He wondered out loud - his heart was pounding. He hoped that she did not burn his house down . . . He parked in front of the garage - he did not even turn off the engine, opened the car door and ran to the front door.

There were no lights on in the house. Jin threw the door open and sank to his knees. The entrance hall was a mess. There was scattered glass . . . laid everywhere on the floor, and it continued to the kitchen - his gaze fell to the floor before him and saw a piece of parchment marked for his attention.

His hands trembled as he reached for the letter; it was in Minyu's handwriting. A sigh escaped his lips, and he turned it around to unfold it gently.

"Dear Seokjin,

I have destroyed everything that we had built together, and it seems that you loved your company more than you did me, so I took it away from you . . ."

Jin's throat closed up . . . that was not true . . . He had never loved his company more, so what did - His eyes snapped to the study room door on the left from the entrance hall. 'No . . . Please . . .'

He stood up with trembling legs, his heart thundering in his chest. What the hell had Minyu dealt him? With the letter in hand - he slowly made his way to the door; his right hand reached for the doorknob and pushed the door open slowly.

He gulped. He would have to put on the light, but he was afraid . . . This was where he kept all of the company's trophies - they had won, along with the nomination certificates. He had no choice but to see what chaos Minyu had dealt him.

To speak plainly, ever since she had become the leading star in every film they had made, they had never won anything again . . . 'She had stolen from you.' Namjoon's voice echoed through his mind.

Why? Jin thought with a broken heart. He had given her everything that her heart desired . . . and all she had to do was -

He pushed the door past its hinges, and what he saw . . . destroyed him - ultimately. . . Every trophy had been thrown on the floor - the nominee certificates had been ripped apart and scattered around the ground.

Jin could not breathe - his dream was on the floor - in shambles, and his lips trembled. How could she do this to him? How could the woman he loved with every fibre in his being . . .

'She is a gold digger.' Namjoon's words played like a record in his thoughts - his right hand rose towards his face, and he caught a tear that escaped his eye. How was he going to rebuild his company after this and . . . more importantly . . . How was he going to work past this?

He picked himself up from the floor and clutched the parchment in his left hand - he would have to hold his head high and push through this plan of Tae, Suga and Hoseok. He turned around and picked up the dustbin lying in the corner, "I guess I will start cleaning up."

Jin did not know where he should start, in the entrance hall where some of the vases had been thrown on the floor or should he clean up his dream? He would start with the entrance hall with the dustbin in hand - he walked out of the study and closed the study door behind him.

The first thing - he placed in the dustbin was the parchment that Minyu had left him. His heart had turned cold, and he decided as he picked up the large pieces of glass that he would close himself off.

He would not let anyone through his walls again if this was the way that most women . . . were, and he would rather be single for the rest of his life . . . These two years had felt like a dream, and now he knew Minyu's true colours.

He did not know how long it took him to clean up the mess she had left - the thought had not registered. He went on autopilot and only returned from his thoughts when the clock in the hall chimed 1 a.m.

"That time already?" He spoke sheepishly, "I better get some shut-eye before tomorrow's interviews."

He placed the dustbin in the kitchen and went to the refrigerator. He opened the door and took out a bottle of water, closed the door, opened the bottle and took a sip. He turned on his heels and slowly walked out of the kitchen, dragging his feet. I have to save my company.

Jin was going to do it by any means necessary to save it - he would get a good night's rest - and in the morning . . . he would take Hoseok's script and read it.

He chose the title for the script and made Hoseok write a story, then he would read and make some changes. He hoped that this time . . . it would be flawless . . . this movie had to do box office well, or the company would sink.

He pushed his bedroom door open and placed the bottle on the nightstand - he did not bother to get undressed as he fell on the bed - sleep took him immediately. His dreams quickly turned into nightmares, and he found himself on a stage about to receive a reward for his new movie when the announcer said, 'that there was a mistake.' It had been their rival company that had won the award, and he became the laughingstock of Seoul.

He rolled around in his bed, and as the laughter became a high-pitched sound, his eyes opened and focused on his ceiling. Jin rolled on his side, and his hand reached out for the alarm clock.

"Blasted thing!"

It was 7 a.m. - he had to get to work in fifteen minutes. He let out a yawn when he looked down . . . he let out a sigh as the events of the evening came rushing through his mind.