Chapter 10

When we got back to Velaris the sun had set a long time ago, so I knew we had missed dinner, but I wasn't hungry.

Nyx was telling me about the best café for hot chocolate as we walked into the sitting room. We sat on a sofa together, Nyx pulling me against this side.

"What are you two talking about?" Mor asked.

"Nyx is going to show me his favourite places in the city." I said with a large smile.

"Would they all happen to be places to get chocolate?" Feyre asked.

"No!" Nyx said indignantly.

"He's going to take me to the symphony as well," I continued.

"Amelia called you Jaz, is that your nickname?" Rhys asked.

"Only Lia calls me that, my mother used to as well, if you are asking to call me that then I don't mind either name." I replied.

"Jaz, I like it," Nyx said, and I pinched his side, he just laughed.

I heard the door open, and a soft female voice called out.

"Feyre, we are back from Winter, we brought back sweets," I glanced at Nyx who was beaming.

"We are in the sitting room Elain," Feyre called back.

Rhys looked like he remembered something and stood but I wasn't paying much attention to him, one of Therian's brothers walked in.

This couldn't be happening, he was going to take me back, kill me.

Black flecked with red, and gold covered my vision and I blinked. Nyx had covered me with his wings.

"It's ok, remember to breath," he whispered.

"I can't go back," I sobbed, and he pulled me closer.

"You aren't going back, he is my Aunt Elain's mate, and he doesn't particularly like his brothers," he was still whispering, running his fingers through my hair.

"That's Lucien?" I asked, a little surprised, I thought he lived in Spring.

"Yes, he's nice, I promise." He grinned.

"Thank you for keeping me safe," I replied, and he kissed the top of my head before pulling his wings back.

"Sorry I freaked out," I mumbled to the room.

"It's ok, it's our fault for forgetting Lucien looks like, him." Feyre practically growled the last word.

"So you are the baker?" I asked the new woman.

"I am sometimes, I like gardening more," she replied with a small smile.

"Jaz, can Lucien come in?" Rhys called.

"That's his brother, isn't it?" I replied, I just needed to confirm.

He nodded and Nyx's grip tightened on my shoulder.

"Ok," I practically whispered.

Lucien came back in and sat next to Elain.

"Hello Jasmine," he said, smiling at me.

"You're the annoying brother with only one eye," I said as I took him in properly.

He stared at me in shock, but Cassian burst out laughing.

"Well, it's nice to know my brother still hates me." Lucien said with a small sigh.

The more I looked at him the more details I was picking out in his face, he was obviously the Lady of Autumn's son, he had her facial structure, but he looked nothing like Beron, he looked more like the dark-skinned male who had asked me about the cake.

"You don't really look like him," I said as I cocked my head to the side.

He looked unsure of how to answer that.

"You look more like the dark-skinned male," I added with a frown.

"What dark skinned male?" Lucien asked, obviously confused.

"At the High Lords meeting two weeks ago a dark-skinned male asked if I made the cake, he was wearing white and gold, but I don't know his name." I replied, he just looked more and more shocked.

You think I look like Helion?" Lucian asked.

"Well yeah, your noses are the same and you have a perfect mix of his eyes and the Lady of Autumn, your skin is darker than your brothers, if someone turned round and said you were Helion's heir I would have believed them." I said my frown deepening.

"How old are you?" Lucien asked.

"Thirteen, but I don't see what that has to do with this." I replied.

"How do you remember all of that if you are only thirteen?" Lucien questioned.

"Cook says it's because I like taking in the details before the big picture, it's what makes all of my cakes looks so good." I said with a grin.

"Lucien, Jasmine, can I cut in?" Feyre asked.

We both nodded.

"Me and Rhys found something out in the war, something that we don't think anyone else knows." She said carefully.

"What?" Lucien asked, looking a little scared.

"Helion is your father Lucien, we doubt that he knows either, but Jaz is right." She said slowly.

"Helion, not Beron?" He asked looking shocked, her and Rhys both nodded.

"Thank the Mother!" He said as he sat back.

Feyre and Rhys both looked bewildered.

"Well, that wasn't quite the reaction I was expecting," Rhys admitted.

"And he doesn't know?" Lucien asked.

"We don't think so no," Rhys replied.

"I should probably go and tell him," he grumbled.

"We can invite him here if you would like," Feyre offered.

"That would be nice, thank you," he said with a tight smile.

"Does that make Helion my uncle too?" I asked with a frown.

"I guess it does, yes," Lucien said.

"Cool, he was really nice." I replied with a grin.

"How?" Elain asked me.

"He smiled while all the other High Lords frowned, and the Lady said that he really liked my cake and that both him and Thesean wanted to take me back to their courts." I said with a sheepish smile.

"Well he can't have you, I like your cakes too much," Nyx said with a wink and I lightly punched his chest.

"It's your bedtime young lady," Rhys said with a smile as he caught me trying to stifle a yawn.

"Can I make a cake for when Helion visits?" I asked as I stood, Nyx stopping me from falling over.

"Of course, you can," Feyre said with a smile.

Nyx practically carried me up to my room and tucked me in, kissing me lightly on the head before blowing the candles out.