Helping One

I ended up walking back home studying my clawed arm. Whatever those creatures were they clearly weren't of the human world or of this solar system as a mater of fact. I growled and shook my head in frustration as I cradled my arm. The snow cooled the wound, making the pain worse than it already was.

"Really had to just go all animal didn't you," I growled at myself as I came up on the cabin.

Once I stepped inside I grinned and immidietly went to the medical kit I had in the kitchen. I wrapped my burning wound and took some pain medicine for the burning sensation. Why me? Why not another person? Why not a boy? I sighed and turned around as I felt a cold breeze on the back of my neck. The door was open. My green eyes narrowed as I went over to the door and closed it. I had closed the door right? I shook my head and put my stuff up in their proper place before walking over to my fridge and pulled out a squirell soup I had hand made. Hey it was better than eating leaves.

"A part of me wishes I got their names," I muttered to myself as I warmed my soup up and turned on the tv I had scavenged from another house.

Shows may not run anymore, but the people who originally owned the tv recorded everything and I also had my own movies. I clicked on a news recording and played it as I pulled my soup out of the microwave and began eating being careful not to hurt my wound any more than it already was.

"Yes Megan well the virus has began to spread to the U.S now so it won't be long till we evacuate Earth," the news lady spoke to her co-worker.

I sighed and turned the tv off ignoring what was said. The virus practically haunted me like an old wound that never healed. I growled as a tear ran down the side of my face, but I brushed it away not showing weakness. I heared a light clicking noise behind me and I zipped around to see nothing.

"The hell," I whispered to myself be super quiet.

I looked down at the entrance of my door to see a bright green glowing substance trailing to another room. How the hell did I miss that? I quietly walked trailing the substance to see that a whole room was taking by the huminoids. One was clearly injured because he or she was oozing that green substance. I gulped and hid behind the wall trying not to be caught. I really wanted to help them, but they could possibly kill me. I quietly walked back to my kitchen and thought for a moment before grabbing the medical kit along with my jacket and a pair of gloves. I nodded to myself and left all my weapons in the living room as I sneaked back to the room full of huminoids. They were all still there and the injured one was bleeding out clearly.

I cloud tell that the weren't paying attention to their injured comrade, so I created over to it. The creature looked at me, but didn't make a single noise. I looked into his black eyes and could see pain in them. I nodded and quietly opens my medical kit and pulled out a bandage and a pain medicine. I wrapped the males wound, as I quickly learned, and injected the pain medicine into him. I glanced at his comrades to see none of them still paid no attention to us. Once I was done helping the creature I packed up my stuff and creeped out of the room before I could be caught. I sighed in relief once I reached my kitchen. Safe for now.

"Well that was heart pounding," I laughed at myself as I walked over to my bed room which thankfully was on the other side of the house.

No aliens tonight, or so I hope. I laid on my bed and fell asleep to the sound of clicking and growling coming from the living room.