𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

After getting my books out of my locker, I closed it and slowly dragged myself to my next class. I hated school with a passion. It was the worse place in the entire world.

Usually, I would skip with JJ and just stay home but today my mom made me come. What a Asshole.

As I sat down in my chair, in the second row from the back, I looked at the chair behind me. JJ's seat but of course he wasn't gonna be here to make my day any better. I don't remember the last time JJ even came to school. He was definitely failing all his classes and when they called his dad he didn't care.

The bell rang and I laid my head down as the teacher yapped about some Algebra stuff. This had to be the worst class of the day.

Suddenly, the door to the classroom swung up hitting the wall making a loud bang.

"Did ya miss me, Mrs. Dalton?" A voice chuckled.

My head shot up at the voice. I knew that voice more than I knew my own.

JJ Maybank. My boyfriend.

"Glad to see you finally decided to join us, Mr. Maybank," Mrs. Dalton said, rolling her eyes as JJ walked to the back of the classroom and sat down behind me.

"She loves me," JJ whispered to me making me giggle. Today just got a whole lot better.

"What are you doing here?" I murmured, looking back at him.

"Well, I went to your house and you weren't there. You're mom said you were at school so here I am," JJ shrugged his shoulders.

"You picked the worst day to come" I point to the board at the front.

JJ squinted his eyes to look at the board. It said in all capitals:

TEST TODAY

"Today?" JJ exclaimed loudly making everyone look at him.

"You have something to say, young man?" The teacher asked, picking up some papers off her desk.

"I just see that you made a mistake on your board, sir—I mean ma'am!" JJ quickly corrected himself making the class snicker.

Mrs. Dalton glared at him before speaking. "What mistake are you talking about?"

"The board says "Test Today." I'm pretty sure you meant to put tomorrow" JJ informed her, pointing his finger. 

I covered my mouth to keep from laughing.

"No, the test is today Mr. Maybank," She told him as she began handing out the test.

"Shit" JJ cursed.

"What did you say?" Mrs. Dalton quickly stared at him with wide eyes and a stern look.

"What? All I said was ship. I say that when I get mad, ya know? Instead of saying the other word" JJ stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

I held my laugh back as hard as I could.

Finally, Mrs. Dalton finished handing out the papers and I looked down at the packet. I flipped through realizing there were 60 questions. What the actual fuck?

"Babe," JJ whispered, tapping me on the shoulder. "You got a pencil?"

I pulled one out of the pocket in my binder and handed it to him.

A few minutes later I felt another tap on my shoulder.

"What?" I murmur, looking over my shoulder.

"Are you about done?" He asked as he tapped his pencil on the desk.

"Of course I'm not done!" I whisper yell. "It's like 60 questions!"

"Sorry sorry, it's just that I need some help" JJ ran his fingers through his hair, clearly confused and frustrated just as I was.

"Once I get done I'll help you, alright?" I tell him turning back around. Luckily the teacher was paying no attention to JJ and me. I don't blame her she was probably fed up with teaching by now especially since having JJ as a student.

About 20 minutes later I finally finished up the last page. I looked up to see that Mrs. Dalton was now walking around, looking at everyone and watching them work. God, I hated when teachers did that.

I made sure she wasn't looking and turned around to JJ who was sleeping with his head down. I tap his bicep over and over, looking back to make sure the teacher was never looking. Finally, JJ fluttered to life and rubbed his eyes before looking at me.

"Here," I mutter my voice barely audible as I slid my paper onto his desk. "Hurry up and copy it"

He grabbed his pencil and started scribbling down everything I had. I kept looking back at Mrs. Dalton making sure she wasn't looking or coming this way.

Finally, she got to our row and started walking down it. I quickly snatched my paper off his desk and grabbed my pencil pretending to work.

I could feel JJ glaring into the back of my skull. His lips probably twisted to the corner annoyed that I just took his only chance at passing this test. Mrs. Dalton looks behind me and at JJ. I glanced back to see him look up at her and wave. Oh my god, that dumbass. She looked at him sternly like always before walking back up to her desk. Her heels clanging as she went.

I turned back to JJ and handed him my paper once again.

After he finished copying it, I took my paper from him and turn it in on the table at the front of the classroom.

JJ waited a few minutes before turning his in so it didn't look suspicious.

About 15 minutes later, the bell ring and JJ and I were the first ones out of the classroom, not listening to Mrs. Dalton telling us that "The bell doesn't dismiss us, she does"

Bullshit.

As I put my stuff in my locker, JJ leaned against the locker beside mine, watching me.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"I gotta show you something," He tells me, grabbing my books and putting them back in my locker before slamming it closed. He grabbed my hand and we pushed through the crowd until we got to the janitor's closet and JJ shoved me in, closing the door behind us.......

There will definitely be a part 2!
I don't know why but this give me 80s/90s vibes.

Welp, byeeee darlings 🤟🏼

Word count: 1020