Chapter 1

"Your Majesty, Your Majesty." The maid gently shaken the princess. "It is time to awaken." Mikasa put her hands over her face, then rubbed her eyes to wake herself up.

"Voila, please. It's been 19 years. Stop with the formalities. Just call me Mikasa, or at least Ms. Mikasa." Mikasa sat up in her bed yawning and stretching her back.

"My apologies Madame Mikasa. I wish you could've gotten more rest, however the ball your parents are organizing will take place tonight. I've been ordered to wake you up so you can get to your dress fitting." Voila bowed as she reported clutching a towel to her side.

"Thank you very much Voila! I'll be down in a minute." Mikasa tossed the duvet off of herself, then got up to start making her bed. Before she could start she felt a hand on top of hers.

"Please Madame, let me! Please go get ready and i'll have breakfast ready for you once you finish!" The maid urgently took the duty of making the bed leaving the black-haired girl to continue her routine.

"Oh please, you're too kind, Voila. You really need to let yourself rest sometimes." Mikasa walked over to her dresser grabbing a silk robe then heading to her bathroom.
'Royal this, royal that. I don't even get the point of this ball. Perhaps a charity event or some kind of public appearance to make us look good.' Mikasa rolled her eyes as she basked in her own thoughts.
She carried on with her daily routine; brushing her teeth, washing her face, then taking a relaxing bath. She stood up from the bath once she finished shaking her legs before stepping onto the bath mat, patting herself dry with a towel. She slipped her robe back on reentering her room finding it empty.
She took a lotion and moisturized herself thoroughly. She searched through her closet looking for the most casual outfit she can find, settling for a long, red a-line dress. She slipped it on, brushing her damp hair, putting on slippers and headed down 2 flights of stairs to the kitchen.
"Good morning, Your Highness." Two royal guards that were standing at the main entrance greeted her, bowing when they saw her.

"Good morning!" Mikasa smiled and waved to them continuing to the kitchen, met by Voila.
"Oh Voila, thank you for the food! Is Nicollo out?" You looked around for your usual chef unable to find him.

"Ah yes, he's out for today, family matters perhaps. But worry not he'll be back sometime for the ball as he'll be cooking and serving." Mikasa nodded at her.
Voila gave the grey eyed girl a warm smile then turning to clean up the kitchen.

Mikasa had her breakfast of creamy strawberry crepes, a fruit bowl, and a refreshing Chamomile Lemongrass tea. Mikasa took her phone out of her pocket scrolling through various social media sites getting her fill on the latest headlines. She was nearly finished with her breakfast when she got a text from a group chat with her closest friends; Eren Yeager, Armin Arlert, and Y/n.

Group chat convo

Eren - Guys

Y/n - What now

Armin - Yes?
Mikasa- Hey guys!

Eren - Hey Kasa! I was going to ask if you guys have heard of the ball

Mikasa - Unfortunately, I have but Idk what it's for.

Armin - OOOH I HEARD IT ABOU-

Y/n - SHUT YOUR HOLE ARMIN WE SHOULDN'T BE THE ONES TO TELL HER

Armin - Oh I'm sorry! Forget I said anything 😅

Eren - Yep! Totally nothing we have no idea!

Mikasa - Mmm okayyy. Well I have to finish my breakfast. I'll meet you guys in my room later.

Mikasa shut off her phone, and finished her breakfast.
"Oh!" Voila stopped her before she could leave. "Madame Mikasa, I forgot to mention, your parents want you to report to the study now." Voila Picked up Mikasa's dishes and washed them.