• three •

How the heck am I supposed to NOT spend the whole of Christmas Day totally preoccupied thinking about him??

Before sleeping last night I had a quick glance over his Instagram (I would've gone insane if not!!), and damn I'm in too deep. I'm such a mess, Jesus, all this obsession over a couple of short meetings? Anyway, he doesn't have a ton of posts but I've gathered the following:

1. No selfies. This is good actually, I think?

2. A couple of pictures of him with friends, which is cute, but of course here I am freaking out that one of the girls might be his girlfriend.

3. Lots of pictures of Luna, most with a nice view behind her; so he likes the outdoors a bit? Also heck yes dog photos. This is all very good.

4. A #blackouttuesday post, which shows I'm not dealing with a bigot.

.•*•.

I won't bore anyone with the details of Christmas Day, it was fairly classic presents and dinner and a quick walk and then everyone's stuffed in the evening. Around 6 o'clock my phone buzzes and my heart jumps into my throat when I scan over Archie's username on the screen.

"Are you free tomorrow?" Simple. Yet effective (i.e. I'm head over heels).

As far as I'm aware we don't have any plans, but I try to stay calm and type "What are you thinking?"

The reply lights up my phone only a couple of minutes later - I'm glad we're not playing the stupid waiting game.

"Walking Luna. No worries if not"

Um, fuck yes.

I reply: "I'd be up for that! What time?" then cross my fingers that I am actually free. How the fuck do I tell my parents? This is simultaneously the best and shittiest Christmas.

"Morning? If you want to bring your brother that's chill" My heart jumps again. How did he know I might need that excuse? Or wait, does he not think of me romantically??

So before I can lose my nerve I respond with "Sounds good. I can do around 9ish if you're up that early..."

"Pfftt make it 10"

"You're on"

I click my phone locked and find my mum. Swallowing hard, I say, "You know the guy with the big fluffy dog next door?"

"I think so...?" She frowns.

"I'm taking Daniel to walk with them tomorrow morning." I spit out very quickly.

"Okay... we're having another big meal at lunchtime though so be back for that!" Thank god - I got away with it somehow.

.•*•.

Since it's Christmas, basically no one is up before 10. Personally I like being awake in the mornings, and so does my grandma. I'm ready to go before I need to be because I'm so fucking excited. Get a grip, Fern. It's cold outside but not freezing, still I think I look cute in my double-bobble hat and Archie better think so too.

I don't wanna look desperate and waiting for him so I wait till 10:01 to stand outside. Daniel is with me, but I have a plan to send him off with the dog so I can get some time to talk to Archie.

Then he steps out of the front door, not quite as gracefully as the other day because this time Luna is practically dragging him behind her. His brown eyes sparkle mischievously when he looks up at me after almost tripping over. How could he possibly make that look cool?