Chapter 8

"Rise and shine." Chaewon said as she entered the basement.

"Little late to say rise and shine isn't it." the wolf said.

"Oh please, what would you know about time? You have no clock or windows here." the blonde mocked her.

"Well, more than you apparently." the wolf said with a scoff.

"Why don't you just shut your mouth, doggie." the vampire said.

"You started this conversation." the wolf said.

"No I didn't. I only said good morning." she said and at that the wolf rolled her eyes.

"Fucking brat." the werewolf mumbled.

"I heard that." the vampire said as she grabbed a metal chair and placed it in front of the chained werewolf before she sat down on it.

"So, how is life all chained up and trapped?" Chaewon then asked.

"I thought you wanted this doggie to shut up?" the wolf said.

"I've changed my mind. I'm bored. Entertain me." the blonde said.

"If you unchain me then I can show you how I rip a vampire's head off. Although I doubt that you will make it to the end of that demonstration." the wolf threatened.

"Look at you, threatening me. May I remind you that you are the one all chained up and powerless and I am free and lethal?" the blonde said with a chuckle.

"So? What are you gonna do? Beat me up? Torture me? Punish me? Kill me? Well go ahead. I have been tortured, beaten up and punished for the past 9 years. I have seen it all. There is nothing I won't survive anymore. And if you decide to kill me, then thank you for finally freeing me from this hell hole." the wolf said.

"Tough wolfie. How cute. I am not planning to hurt you wolfie. Unless you leave me no other choice." the vampire said.

"Then what are you here for? To talk me to death again? I'd rather get tortured. I still haven't recovered from your previous 4 hour rant about how Handong drank your blood wine." the wolf said.

"Is my ranting really that bad?" the blonde asked.

"It is when it's about fucking blood wine for 4 hours." the wolf said.

"Well, this time it's serious." the blonde said, crossing her arms.

"I guess you are gonna tell me now huh?" the wolf said.

"Minji is making me do patrols at night and it's fucking annoying. I told her I didn't want to but she didn't care and told me to just follow her orders, as always." the blonde started.

"Isn't that what you are supposed to do? Follow her orders? She is your alpha after all." the wolf said.

"I know but we are also a family. She just never listens you know. I told her to send Dong instead of me. She is as good as me. But no Chaewon had to go anyways. Sometimes I feel like she does it to annoy me. I think she hates me." the blonde said.

"Or maybe she just thinks all your complaining is annoying. And I bet she doesn't hate you. You are her second for a reason. I think she appreciates you a lot, but just doesn't like your attitude." the wolf countered. If she was gonna have to listen to the girl's complaining she might as well just talk back and engage in the conversation.

"But I just, ugh." the blonde sighed and the wolf could see the hurt in the girl's eyes. Something was bothering her. Something that went deeper than Minji ordering to things like going on patrols.

"You just what?" the wolf asked.

"I am just, struggling. But no one notices." the blonde said softly, looking down, playing with her hands.