Red Queen

*I know that this is an old theme, but I made the collage beforehand, so I chose the theme based on the outfit (I'm also to lazy to think of my own theme*

    Four days had passed U.S. Ambassador to France, Brian Aggeler had had an assassination attempted on him. The team had no idea why Ambassador Aggeler was under threat. They hadn't even developed a profile, but for now all they could do was protect him.

    Ambassador Aggeler had been invited to the Met Gala, and after his refusal to deny the invitation, the team had no choice but to attend the Met Gala with him as protection. The team thought it'd be best for an agent to go "undercover" as his date. They'd decided that Emily was their best bet, especially considering that the Ambassador already had a little crush on her.

    Emily was getting ready in her provided dressing room. She'd never experienced something like this before. It reminded her of her days when she got ready for the extravagant parties her mother planned. She was surrounded by people doing her makeup, hair, and nails. She'd requested that her nails stay short, and that her dress would be able to hide a gun in her ankle. They complied and found a dress that worked for her. The theme of the Met Gala was Charles James: Beyond Time. At the time, Emily had no idea what that meant, but she went with whatever the stylists put her in.

    As one woman was doing her hair, there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" Emily shouted trying not to move.

    The door opened and Hotch came into Emily's view. She glanced up at him and gave him a flat smile. "Hey. I'm about thirty minutes away." She said.

    "Forty-five if you keep talking." The makeup artist said in a slightly annoyed tone.

    Emily bit her lip and stopped talking. "Can I speak with you when you're done?" Hotch asked in his usually stern tone.

    Emily nodded in response. Hotch simply stood there awkwardly, waiting for the Emily to be finished. The makeup artist finally finished, brushing off some loose powder. Emily slowly stood up from her chair as everyone moved away from her, giving her room to move. When she fully stood up, it was nearly impossible for Hotch's jaw not to drop. Emily stood before him in a tight, strapless bright red dress. It hugged her curves down to about mid thigh and flowed out into a massive train. The bodice was tight and dipped down about eight inches, revealing some of Emily's cleavage.

    Hotch quickly cleared his throat as they walked into a different room. "Y-you look good." Hotch said staring at the floor.

    Emily let out a small chuckle. "Thanks. This whole thing reminds me of the diplomat events my mother used to make me go to." She shrugged. "What is it you wanted to talk to me about?"

    "You're ok with this, right?" He asked looking her in the eye.

    "Of course. It's part of the job."

    "Right." Hotch turned to walk away, but Emily stopped him.

    "Aaron." Emily began (she was going to regret asking this). He turned back around. "Do you ever think about that night?"

    Hotch knew exactly what night Emily was referring to. He couldn't stop thinking about it. He never had, but it was a mistake. It was a drunken one night stand that ultimately resulted in the two of them falling for each other. However both of them were too stubborn to admit it. "This isn't appropriate to talk about. We need to focus on protecting Ambassador Aggeler." Hotch responded coldly.

    Emily's small, hopeful smile quickly faded as she began to fiddle with her hands. It took everything she had not to start picking at her nails again. "Right." She said through slightly gritted teeth turned to a flat smile. "I'll just finish getting ready then."

    Hotch nodded in response and promptly left Emily's room. Emily retuned to her chair and continued to get ready.
————————————
    Emily and Ambassador Aggeler arrived at the entrance of the Met Gala together. She was wearing slightly darker makeup and matching red lip to go with her dress. Her hair had been slicked back with so much gel, the hair stylist had told her not to touch it. She was given four inch Christian Louboutin black pumps to wear, which she was afraid to wear. All she wore was a pair of small, dangly, gold earrings and carried a matching clutch. She had an ankle holster for her gun. It wasn't the most convenient, but it was better than nothing.

    As they began walking down the red carpet, cameras started flashing everywhere. Emily put on the best fake smile she could muster after what had happened with Hotch. She felt Brain's hands slip around her waist and pull her closer. "You look stunning." He whispered in her ear.

    She felt his hand slip further down towards her ass, but she quickly yet subtly stopped his hand. "Touch me like that again, and I'll break your nose." Emily whispered back, keeping a smile on her face.

    The Ambassador's hand promptly returned back to his side as they continued walking down the carpet. Hotch watched this whole encounter, overhearing it all. He couldn't help but let a smile come across his face. This woman in red would be the death of him.
————————————
    Nothing violent had amassed at the Met Gala. There was no signs of anyone suspicious. Despite all the celebrities and the lavish food, Emily had a difficult time enjoying herself. Between protecting the Ambassador and what Hotch had said, Emily found it difficult to think about anything else.

    The Ambassador and Emily were walking around courtyard when he stopped, nervously putting his hands in his pockets. "What's wrong, Ambassador Aggeler?" Emily asked turning to face him.

    "I uh, thank you. For tonight." He said sheepishly.

    Emily gave him a kind smile. "Of course. It's part of my job." She shrugged.

    "I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner sometime?" He asked with a smirk.

    Emily let out another chuckle and looked down at her feet before looking back up to meet his eye line. "I'm flattered. Really. But I'm interested in someone else." She said apologetically.

    Aggeler's face fell in disappointment but soon put on a sad smile. "I see. I'll see you around then." He said sadly. "Thanks again. For everything."

    Emily watched as the ambassador walked off, getting into his black limo. She was left alone at a fountain just outside of the Met. It was about 1:00am and Emily was watching everything being taken down. She let out a sigh as she took out her phone, texting the BAU group chat.

    Emily: Hey. Where are you guys?

    JJ: I'm talking with the local PD to see if they saw anyone suspicious.

    Morgan: I'm already at the hotel. I'm beat

    Emily: You're beat? You're not the one who had to deal with Ambassador handsy all night.

    Spencer: Handsy?

    Emily: Oh, Spenc! You're too innocent for this world. I'll see you guys in the morning.

    Emily put her phone away and looked up to see a dark figure in a suit walking towards her. She recognized his stride. It was Hotch. He was clad in a simple black suit and tie. "Hey!" She said with a smile. "I was just about to call you. Morgan and Reid left me, so I was wondering if I could get a ride back with you? The Met Gala was certainly something. Don't get me wrong, the Ambassador was nice but he was a little handsy to say the least. But at least the night is over and we can—"

    Emily was cut off by Hotch's lips crashing into hers. His hands gently grabbed her face, caressing her cheeks. His hands made their way to Emily's waist and pulled her closer. She was caught so off guard, she didn't react at first. Then she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. 

    Eventually he two brought away to catch their breath. Emily looked into the eyes of the man before her. Her lipstick had stained this own lips slightly. She gave him a small smile. "I guess you have been thinking about that night." She said with a smirk. 

    Hotch returned the smile. "You have no idea." He said in a low, seductive voice before bringing his lips back to hers.