Chapter 24

{3rd Person POV}

Noah Queen: ''Never since I took over the throne have I experienced such happiness... To think a warrior appeared and won the tournament despite kyuba's presence!''

The queen of Noah excitedly sang praises to her champion. Compared to how she looked when they first me, she was glowing with life and vigor now that her long wish had been fulfilled...

Rex: ''Thanks....''

The champion himself however, was on the complete opposite spectrum of the queen's mood. He was not looking very pleased with this outcome, and that might have to do with Alma's abrupt surrender.

He couldn't help but feel like he had been blue balled... Twice now...

Noah Queen: ''Now then... As prize of tournament, I bestow upon you good sir the royal family's great treasure, the green orb!''

Rex snapped out of his thoughts enough to receive his reward, a green orb that radiated a weird type of magic similar to the other two orbs he had...

Rex: ''Well... I guess it was not that bad...''

Now that he held the orb in his hand, Rex tried to look at the bright side of things. He may have gotten cock blocked, but he at least got his prize and a new power to go along with it...

Noah Queen: ''If you are ever in the area again, please don't hesitate to stop by. I'll always welcome the hero who made my dream a reality''

Rex: ''Thank you your majesty, it has been a delightful endeavor to see my lady smile so happily''

The adventurer bowed respectfully while offering the queen a pleased smile of his own. And from the looks of it, it definitely made the queen's heart move if only a little.

Noah Queen: ''Ara~.... *Sigh* If only I could have met such gentleman like you a few years ago...''

Rex: ''*Chuckle* I wouldn't jump the gun so soon your majesty. After all, the beautiful lady in front of me is quite great wife material''

Noah Queen: ''Sir Rex... Is that a proposal?''

Rex: ''Could be. Depends on wheatear your majesty can fit little old me in her busy schedule~''

The two shared a laugh. Rex had already done quite a bit for the queen which she was very grateful for, and it showed when she didn't seem to mind his advances, which might have led to more if he was not currently busy with his little quest.

Who knows? Maybe when things are sorted out, he might come back to finish what he started with the sexy queen of Noah...

{Timeskip}

Alice: ''What's wrong? I would have thought that winning your first tournament ever would put a little more spring in your step''

After leaving the castle with his prize in hand, Rex and Alice had set out towards the inn to call it in for the day.

On their way Alice had noticed the lack of enthusiasm in her companion despite him winning the Queen's cup...

Rex: ''Is nothing... I just don't feel like I really won''

Alice: ''Really?...''

Rex: ''Yeah...''

Seeing that he was not really in the mood to talk Alice dropped the subject and left him alone to think. In truth Rex wasn't upset that he couldn't beat Alma's power over the wind, he understood that she had the experience that he lacked and there was nothing he could do about it except train and get better.