union de covenance* (duke!bucky)

A/N: this was a collaborative idea really and a chaotic one at best bdksbsn i hope you enjoy
Summary: Your marriage to Rich/Royal!Bucky has been arranged since your childhood. You meet him for this first time on your wedding day. 4.7k words (it escaped me-)
Warnings: arranged marriage, angry bucky a little, demanding, smut, power kink, virgin!reader, brief mentions of gore, scar kink/worship, degradation on blast

7k words (it escaped me-)Warnings: arranged marriage, angry bucky a little, demanding, smut, power kink, virgin!reader, brief mentions of gore, scar kink/worship, degradation on blast

The man you were to wed within the hour sits across from you, face drawn downwards in a mean scowl. A black ribbon holds his hair in place at the base of his neck so his expression pierces right through you free of obstruction. You want to say something but decide against it, afraid you might ruin your short-lived reputation with the Barnes manor.

You had heard he was cold but never expected a man this harsh with his tongue. He had not been so bold as to announce himself, instead delegating the introduction unto his footman, Steven. He has kind eyes and a forgiving smile that righteously foils that of his master.

The things James did say to you, however, were nothing short of venomous. You had only just stepped foot into the castle before he began barking orders. Like he was showing off, proving he can and will do whatever he pleases. He may as well have sliced you open with a newly sharpened dagger and hung your entrails for the kingdom to see.

Never in your life had you been treated the way James has treated you thus far. Like you're no more worthy of treading the halls than the livestock out roaming the country.

Perhaps he was aware that this marriage would be much more favorable for your family who happened to have fallen on barren land and a quite disagreeable season. You hope he can look past the matter for the time being and be amicable for one evening.

Steven notices the way Bucky keeps his focus on you throughout the meal. Even when your eyes wander, amazed by the intricate tapestries and ornaments along the walls, Bucky marvels at your pure beauty and the way you radiate warmth and light. In the dim hall, with flickering candlelight dancing on your skin, angelic would not begin to describe your elegance. Funny how one so delicate was born from someone such as your father: cruel and ugly and oozing alcohol.

Bucky knows damn well your father is in this arrangement for the money. He pities you, really. You're being forced into marriage with a twisted man such as himself all because you're the daughter of a greedy man. The day you were of age, your father had rushed to the palace to ensure that he would be getting his fair share of the Barnes' wealth. And you both know the second the priest declares your marriage legal is the same second your father will abandon you, taking the promised riches in his stride.

As your father belches through a crude joke, your eyes flick up to James', where you find he's still watching you like you're his prey. And maybe you are. If he were to sink his fangs into you now, there would not be much of a struggle. Why should you wish you stay where your father has already embarrassed you enough to last two more decades.