𝔻𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

Dying is a natural part of life. Whether it be accidental, old age, murder, or suicide, it is normal. Death is something we must all face. Some people face it every day. Every day when their soul is crushed and killed. Suppressing the feelings that they feel for someone because they can't truly express them.

A jolt upwards and a shout, "Y/N!" sending water sputtering out your lungs.

The crushing pain you once felt in your chest is gone. Not entirely, but mostly. The heartache that was there before is still there, but the pressure around your body has lifted. Making it easier to breathe.

"What's up?" smiling softly you look up into the eyes of the person who has just pulled you from the lake. The greenish-blue eyes looking down at you. The dirty blonde hair falling against his forehead is soaking wet. A suppressed smile emerges onto his face.

"Well you just about died-"

"Steve I didn't almost die your overreacting I'm fine." Bouncing a yellow orb of energy across your fingers you sit up. "See completely fine," you say as it flickers out.

"You almost drown Y/n. You are most certainly not fine. I'm taking you to see Bruce."

"Steveeeeeeeeeee-"

"No arguments."

Steve was overprotective, to say the least. You never understood why. He was never like this with the others. He cared about you obviously but it seemed fickle to think it was anything other than him not wanting to lose his best friend at least that's what he told you. He was a simple and kind man you saw no reason not to trust his word. He cared for you everyone bugged you but it didn't seem to bother you much. He was a great friend everyone else thought there was something more going on with you two, but it didn't matter he was a good friend. You wouldn't want to screw up a perfectly good friendship. You always seemed to fuck everything up.

Steve was the one who set you up with this job. Your parents had started noticing some silly little thing you did when you were younger (it was the 40s not many enhanced humans were around). Yellow spirals floating around your head small jolts of energy. They started really noticing it when you turned 12. That was when they shipped you off to HYDRA. You were poked and prodded at for about 2 years before Dr. Zola decided to weaponize you. So began the training. The training you had endured made it almost impossible for you to feel. At age 18 Captain America or Steve Rogers was sent on a solo mission to find you. For 5 years you evaded capture. When Steve finally found you he somehow saw a tenderness in your eyes that you let seep through. So despite everyone wanting to execute you, Steve petitioned for you to be put on ice. So you were put under. At age 25 you were stashed away and hidden. So no one would ever find you.

Nearly 70 years later you were found. Steve had been found 4 years earlier and started the search to find you. It took everything he had but he had finally found you in a remote location underground in Osborne, Kansas. Bruce had helped to nurse you back to what seemed to be normal for the first year but soon you and Tony began casually flirting it grew into casual dating till you two had been going out for nearly 2 years. As if Tony had gotten bored he broke it off with you. You had fallen pretty hard so it was heart-crushing when he broke it off with you.

"Y/n. Y/n you there? Hello Y/n." Bruce's voice cut through all thoughts of Tony and the pain he put you through.

"Sorry Bruce, what was that?" Holding back the tears that wanted to spill.

"We need to run some test on why the water affected your powers."

"I'm fine I don't need them. It probably has something to do with the fact that I almost drowned. I'll be fine. Look see my powers are back I just needed some rest." Producing a yellow orb of energy and passing it off to Bruce you hop off the table and head towards your room before he can say anything. You feel bad for giving him the cold shoulder but you weren't really in the mood to be poked and prodded with needles once again in your overextended life.

You walk into your room and close the door behind you. Flopping down on your bed you hear a knock at the door. "Y/n you in?" a familiar voice asks. That voice still fills you with comfort but it also tears you apart. Your hearts jumped at the chance to hear him say your name once again. Now there he was on the other side of the door waiting for you to open it. "Y/n come on we need to talk. We can't be distracted on missions and I want us to at least still be able to work together."

Getting up you wipe the tears from your eyes. You don't even remember when you let the tears slip but there you were wiping the tears away. Checking in the mirror beside your door you see if you are even a little presentable before you open the door. You are so you open it. Tony looking down at you with a sad smile on his face. "What do you want Stark?" there was an edge there clearly meaning don't bother you. You're not in the mood but as normal he didn't read the cue.

"Listen, you were distracted this mission, what's up?"

Shocked you look back at him. Wanting to slam the door in his face but you resisted. "What's up? What's up Tony? What about the fact that you broke up with me!" yelling now you continue "You broke up with me Tony. We dated for almost two years and all of a sudden no warning whatsoever we break up. What did I do to make you unhappy? You know what don't answer that. I don't want to know. You don't deserve a second more of my time. So yeah we're cool. I am sorry I fucked up on the mission. Did you even remember it would've been our second anniversary today? I bet you didn't because I always had to remind you. So I am sorry for being distracted and I'm sorry that I almost died today. That's on me. It's on me for falling for you. It's on me that I love you. It's on me that I haven't moved on yet so just leave me the hell alone." You slammed the door in his face before he can get a word out.

Turning around and placing your back to the door you sink to the floor and sob. You know the entire tower probably heard your freak out but you didn't care. Everyone was convinced you two would get back together but it was officially over there was no hope for you two. Maybe that was ok you could grieve the loss of him and find someone new someone better.

Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path. -Anonymous