[ AN: okay so basically i have no idea how apartments work so bare with me if i get any details wrong lmao

7/19 edit: yea,, i'm updating this bc i got the apartment situation wrong and it's been bothering me for the past hour </3

this definitely is not my best writing by any means but you know what i had a lot of fun writing it
congrats if you spot the references to the only other levight works in this fandom that i could find hehe ☆〜(ゝ。∂)]
~

He's barely spent fifteen minutes at this club but Levi regrets coming completely.

To start, the walls are an absolutely blinding neon blue. Make fun of him all you want for it, but Levi's never been a fan of bright colors. Then there's the deafening sound of music and people yelling over it. Not to mention the overwhelming stench of alcohol and sweat. It's awful to say the least. People grind up against each other and drink their worries of their nine to five jobs away and forget about it all the very next morning. But his brother Luca and his best friend Alex wanted to come and Levi can't resist two pairs of puppy dog eyes.

Dear god I need to stop agreeing to go wherever they want, Levi thinks to himself at the bar.

From where he's sitting, he can see his blonde best friend laughing with her definitely-platonic-and-not-at-all-girlfriend-in-denial Jade. The two girls' faces are inches apart and yup, Levi doesn't need to see where that's headed. Luca is chatting with some guy in a jacket and he turns to wave at his brother. Levi waves back with a half-hearted smile.

Someone screams loudly along to a song Levi doesn't recognize and he resists the urge to cover his ears like a child. If only he brought headphones or something.

I'm going to the bathroom. Might as well play on my phone in a somewhat quiet place.

Levi gets up and walks over to the gender neutral restroom. The door opens and closes behind him with a soft click and that's when he hears it.

Someone's crying in one of the stalls.

Ah great, a sobbing drunk.

Would it be alright if he just ignored them? Levi wonders if it would be cruel of him to leave this person to have their sob fest in peace. He's not exactly willing to comfort a drunk stranger. Then again, he doubts that he'd be able to focus on a stupid app game when there's someone crying a few stalls over.

Fuck it.

"Hello?" Levi's voice is uneasy and he only cringes at it a little, "are you okay?"

The bathroom is quiet for a few seconds when there's the click of a stall door opening. And out comes someone with curly purple hair and freckles in a sweater and scarf. Their cheeks are tinted pink and their eyes - oh my god those big doe eyes - are slightly red from crying but they're the most brilliant shade of lilac Levi has ever seen.

They're cute, his brain supplies oh so helpfully.

Not helping, he snarks back to himself.

"Were you talking to me?" they ask softly and wow Levi wouldn't be surprised if they were secretly a siren with how alluring their voice sounds. Somehow he's been hypnotized, enchanted, utterly captivated by this stranger in less than a minute.

"...Hello?"

Oh, right, Levi asked a question.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I was. Talking to you, I mean. Are you doing... okay?"