Ending.

(Author's Note 4/16/2021: Hello Gorillaz fans! Due to the lack of views and interaction, I decided to end it. As much as I want to continue it, there wasn't enough interest for my sweet boy Russel. My intention was to give as much love to Russel and I truly did. However, he isn't the most favorable member out of everyone, and therefore, I have no choice but to stop continuing this story.

Also, I have stopped writing fan fiction years ago and only went to Wattpad just to reply back to people, especially with this cringe 2012 fanfiction I made when I was a teen. It is the only story that catches people's attention. 

This ending isn't planned, but this is for me to stop having it as 'ongoing'. If you've been here since the first chapter, thank you for the support. -Dani)

"I did it, I did it!" Cried, Raine. She jumped with joy as she learned her first song taught by Russel. 

"See, it ain't that bad. You jus' gotta practice. since you're here." He smiled, and then slowly frowned as he walked away without letting her know. "You should teach me other songs! I have always wanted to play this song called- hey, where are you going?" She followed, strutting towards Russel who was trying to not make it obvious. He gave up and turned, letting out a sigh.

"Raine," He choked. "I heard I'm goin' home." Raine paused for a second and then gave Russel a hug. Although it was against the rules that patients shouldn't touch one another. She didn't care. Russel was like a first friend to her when he arrived. Nobody treated her like a person due to her erratic emotion, especially when it was code blue. 

"I'm going to miss you Russ." She sniffed, her warm tears trickled down her cheeks. "I'm glad you're feeling better. I have a lot to learn to get out of this hell hole." Russel bent over and wiped her tears. "It's okay, hun. It takes time. I didn't want to go here to lose my friends."

"You never lose your friends." She corrected him. "They are always in your heart. It's just your mind's been messing with you."

"I do hear them sometimes, but then I heard my bandmates talkin', even if they ain't here. It doesn't make any sense.  I guess it made sense now since I'm here."

Raine snorted from her tears. "Ha, well, nothing makes sense. You just have to feel better even if this rehab is absolute shit." Russel chuckled, then turned when he heard one of the nurses call his name. "I guess it's time." 

"Call me, you know where to find me. Obviously."  She laughed. Russel pulled out his business card and gave it to her. "Or you can call me if you're released from here.  We can hang out in the studio and have fun with the members. I live in Kong Studios."

Raine smiled, then quickly gave Russel a hug before anyone sees them.

"Goodbye Raine."

"....Goodbye, Russ."

Russel was escorted out. His suitcase was already packed and his pills were prescribed before he goes. He did one last prognosis with the therapist and was approved to go home. It was a long journey for him, and he missed his band members dearly. 

When he went out of the office, he was greeted by his 3 beloved band members. Noodle was the first to tackle him. She was bawling as she begged him to pick her up. Russel picked his little guitarist and patted her back as she wrapped her arms around his head. 

Followed by Noodle was 2D. He did his toothless grin and gave Russel a big hug. Murdoc was leaning against the wall, acting like he didn't miss him. However, Russel gave a big grin when he glanced at Murdoc. Murdoc shrugged, rolling his eyes, and went to hug him. 

"Tis' not like we miss yer-" Murdoc chuckled, but stopped when 2D turned and glared at him. "Right. Fine. It wasn't the same. We never replaced ye or find the time to look for another drumma."

Russel sighed in relief. "I was worried about that during my time." 

"Rasso-San is best drumma!" Noodle laughed, wiping her tears. 

"Hey! You improved! Did Murdoc and 2D help ya in English?" Russel was astonished.

"No, Nudaru ask Google." 

2D scratched his head in embarassment. "Russ, you know how to teach Noodle better." Russel felt his eyes rolling. "And I agree wif Mudz," 2D cleared his throat. "T'was not the same without yew."

Gorillaz went home, throwing a party for Russel's arrival. Honey waited for him and throw in a big hug. "I missed you, sugar." Honey giggled. "I missed you too."

~ 6 months later. ~

When Russel went back to the states, he left the bouquet of flowers to each of his friends who slowly disappeared in his thoughts. He gave each a speech, thanking them for being there for him, even it was after their passing. Lastly, he went to Del's grave. He silently cried, yearning for his best friend. His sadness came to a halt as he placed down the last bouquet of flowers. 

He traveled back to the UK. His band members were worried for him as they didn't want him to go through the same experience again. They checked up on him often to make sure he was okay and reminded him to take his medicine. 

Once Russel was officially back on his feet, it was time to make music again. The band jammed for hours and so much inspiration was flowing in the room. Noodle was jumping, strumming her guitar strings hard. Murdoc was half-naked like usual, but his bass notes did sound out of tune. 2D sang without a wrong tune and Russel did not miss a beat.

Gorillaz went on tour again, announcing that they will create more music in the future. Fan roared in exciment. Euphoria filled the air and the band played all night. The band thanked the audience went backstage to take a break, with Honey assisting them with food and drinks. 

"Just meet and greet and we're golden." Honey sighed in relief. "How is everyone so far?" She asked, handing the ice-cold bottle to Murdoc, who was sweating the most. 

"Ma feet 'urt," 2D complained, applying the cold bottle on the soles of the feet. "Wish I can sit fer 'ours like Russ." Russel snorted. "Yeah right, Dee. My ass hurts sitting for hours." Russel massaged his butt. 

Noodle was still jumping around as she chewed her last piece of candy from the bag. "I feel excited!"  She screamed with joy, excited for her meet and greet. "Oh, Noods." 2D sighed. "If only yer a little old man like me."

The band did their meet and greet for an hour which worn out the members. Especially Noodle, who happened to be the favorite. Noodle kept her tired smile on, even if it was obvious that she was tired from the sugar rush.

"I'd like to see Russel please." A woman showed her VIP pass. "Sure! Right in this line." An employee escorted her to Russel. She lined up and noticed 3 long lines leading to each member. Russel's line was fairly short, so it was the fast pass for her.

"Hey! Long time no see." She approached and waved shyly. A familiar voice struck Russel quickly. He turned his head, and couldn't recognize the woman. He gave a face, figuring out who she was. "It's me! I hope you didn't forget me."

"Raine!" Russel yelped with joy, giving him a bear hug. "Did you escape prison?" He asked,  cocking an eyebrow. Raine laughed loudly, not caring if someone is watching her. "Yup! Just a week ago."

"Good for you!" He smiled and quickly gave her a hug. "Oh hey! The camera's behind ya." Raine realized and she turned, smiling for the camera. She received the polaroid picture and Russel signed it. 

"Let's hang out soon!" Raine snagged a sharpie from him, writing down her number on a piece of paper. Russel winked and replied, "I'll see you in Kong Studios tomorrow."