I'm here

Kim!! Put me down!! Not a chance Tinkerbell! Your light as a feather!! I kicked and punched trying to get Kim to put me down. Kim!! I heard laughter from around us and I was blushing hard. Why wouldn't he just put me down? Suddenly I got thrown up in the air and I didn't even scream I trusted Kim not to drop me. By about the third throw I clung onto his sweatshirt not wanting to go up in the air again. Kim please. He heard the seriousness in my tone and put me down. You ok Shorty? Yeah I'm fine. Truth is I wasn't fine I've been having nightmares about Timebreaker telling me it was my fault that mom was gone. And my dad and brother have been to busy to rlly take notice in me. I felt scared and alone. Like every day was a walking nightmare. Suddenly I felt a hand wiping my cheek. You sure about that? I knew I had let a tear slide past while I had spaced out. Yeah just some stuff I need to work out. He nodded and looked down at me. Well I'm here to talk if you need me Tink. He turned and walked away and I sighed and turned walking through the crowd that had been watching just wanting to be alone. I rushed to the bathroom trying not to cry on the way there until someone grabbed my arm and pulled me in. I was to tired to care who it was I just hugged them. And I.....let myself cry. Something not even my brother had seen me do. Hey Tink follow me let's go somewhere less populated. He picked me up bridal style and walked me into the gym which was empty thanks to lunch and recess. So Tink? I just needed to be alone...UNTIL YOU GRABBED ME!! I got up and yelled. I was angry no one was ever supposed to see me cry. I was Alix my rival wasn't supposed to see me cry. I saw the hurt in his eyes which quickly turned to fire. I ONLY GRABBED YOU CUZ YOU LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE HURT!! AND SCARED and alone... he whispered the last bit while staring at the floor and I could tell he was ashamed he'd lost his temper. I just wanted to make you feel ok, yanno? Your always there for me. Now that confused me, Kim never tells me any of his personal problems. I don't even need to talk about my problems cuz as soon as I see you and am ready to bring out the next dare. All my worries melt away. All the bad just disappears and I'm left with a pink haired grinning spitfire Tinkerbell like you. My face was red as I watched him stare into space seeming very lost and tired. But I smiled knowing I meant so much to him. But wait what do I care what he thinks? My mind was confused. Did I like him? Are we just friends? Does he like me? He looked back at me still looked lost and he smiled when our eyes met. I ran into his arms knocking him off the seat he was sitting on and we both landed on the floor laughing wrapped in each other's arms. I closed my eyes and leaned into him not caring what he thought. He tightened his grip around me and I smiled just soaking up the moment. You know Tink. I looked up at his stupid grinning face and I pushed him away cutely pouting for ruining the moment. Do you want to come watch a movie at my house later? I'll bring the snacks. I perked up at that. I didn't care were we went as long as there was free food. Sounds like fun Hercules. I smirked as I helped him get up since he was still on the floor. Ahh thank you for your assistance princess! He said bowing dramatically. I rolled my eyes while I shook my head smiling. You moron come on let's go. I turned and started walking away. Ariel! I flinched, I knew that nickname. And it was an old one. I turned and looked up at him. You know I'm here to talk if you need someone. He said lightly punching my shoulder with one hand and scratching the back of his neck with the other. I smiled up at him. He rlly cares. Thanks idiot now come on class is starting in a couple minutes! Then I turned and ran towards the classroom. Bet you can't beat me there! I yelled over my shoulder. Then I heard him running after me.

It was six o'clock and I figured I should probably head over to Kim's. I got off my bed and grabbed a bag with my skating stuff and whatever else I had in there. I walked into the kitchen and I saw my brother and dad talking. Dad I'm going to Kim's. Ok whatever sweetheart be home before midnight it's a school day. He didn't even look at me. That could have been Juleka saying that and he never would have known. I sighed as I sat on the steps slipping on my skates. I closed my eyes for a moment. Don't feel don't feel! You don't want to get akumatized do you? I fought my own thoughts as I skated to Kim's. Kim. That brought a cloud of happiness to my mind. I wonder what movie we're going to watch? Little did I know an akuma that had been a few feet behind me was flying away with an angry owner of the akuma.

I had just gotten home from getting snacks and a new action movie I knew Alix would like. I stepped inside and saw my parents arguing. I can't have Alix come. Was my only thought as I set the back down. IM LEAVING!! I heard my mom scream and I tensed. Did she mean that? Then I heard the door slam and my fists clenched. Then I heard the door open again and happy thought filled my mind like. Oh she wasn't serious. She was just blowing off steam. It'll be ok! But then I realized it was Alix. And I lost it. The tears rolled down my face. I felt her hug me from behind and I was grateful for that but I tried not to cry I couldn't get akumatized, not again. I sat down and Alix hugged me again this time the right way. Eventually she was sitting on my lap and my head was on her shoulder and her hands were around my neck and going through my hair. She kept whispering in my ear but I could hardly make any of it out. My brain was shut down. All I could do in that moment was hug Alix so I could feel safe. But after awhile Alix suggested we go to my room and I agreed both of us grabbing some snacks and the movie. I tried to look tough but I was breaking down on the inside. So Kim...what happened? Mom left. I said shrugging. Her beautiful vibrant blue eyes screamed sympathy. I laid down on my bed trying to make it all go away. Suddenly Alix was laying next to me. She snuggled into me as much as she could and I wrapped my arms around her enjoying the physical contact. I'm sry Kim. I know how that feels. It's not a good feeling. It will take awhile to get over it. If not all your life. I nodded numbly not taking in what she was saying. I just wanted to hold her close forever. And never let go.