Three's my lucky number

I couldn't help my scowl as my gaze locked on Thea. No one noticed my glare due to being inside my car, and well the fact that I'm not the type to gather a flock of eyes and attention on me such as Thea. I couldn't blame them, she was everything I wish I could attain, she moved with grace, held beauty that was timeless, valued sincerity and kindness and had such a breathtaking smile it hurt to look at.

What a bitch.

However I guess most people would be happy and genuine if they had a father who could wipe their ass with money and have it not dent their bank account.

I could almost, just a tad be a little jealous and overly negative but thats not important. Whats important is this date, and the prospect of securing a connection to a wealthy business man as well as having a nice hot expensive meal.

I am a first year college student with the hopes of being a successful business woman, except I am starting from scratch and have no idea where to start to become what I envision for myself. I do know however that networking is just as pivotal as securing an education, and if I have to use a grimy old man that's in search for way to feel youthful or an escape from their reality then so be it. I'm only perceived as naive and disregarded due to my age once.

Let them believe I'm a gullible little teenager, let them underestimate me, underestimating is the biggest advantage one can have against someone in the position of power.

With the reminder, I shift my gaze away from Thea and turn the key in the engine. Well attempted to turn the key, I felt a slight moment of tension from my key as I again tried to turn it. It was jammed.

My life is just tragic.

I couldn't help the direction my thoughts followed, I have always been a spiritual person. I believe in fate and the concept of everything happening for a reason. Was the key being jammed a sign, my doubt slowly crept in, maybe this was a mistake. I'm sure there are plenty of other broke college students who are in search for ways to find money, maybe I should cancel, what would my parents say anyway if they knew what I was doing.

I shushed my mind when the memories of my parents started to sting, I shallowed my breathing and attempted for the third time to turn the key. As I turned they key anticipating the key to stay jammed- hoping almost- it turned over and the rev of my engine drowned out my thoughts, fears, and hope for an alternative way to find money. I started my drive to the restaurant in silence.

Third times a charm, I guess.

Authors Note- If anyone is reading this, the main characters name is now 'Isla', courtesy to Mato :) .

Pronunciation- " I-la"

Also I don't know how to write long chapters , so you get what you get *eye squint, lip bite face*