②⑨

-----

Another morning has begun, but it felt different, somehow. The bad feeling in the pit of his stomach had turned into fear, worry, and dread. Something was wrong. Something was very, very, wrong.

Scooting out of the bed, he quickly made his way downstairs in search of Karasuno's leader-to-be. "Daichi-Senpai?!" Hinata shouted through the first floor as he finally made it to the bottom of the stairs.

"Woah! Woah. Calm down, Shorty. What's the matter?" Atsumu questioned, placing a hand on the frantic ginger's shoulder. "Gotta find Daichi-Senpai!" He panted, evading Atsumu and quickly walking toward the kitchen.

"Hmm~" The blond male hummed, admiring Hinata's behind view.

-----

"Daichi-Senpai!" Hinata tried again, panting from all the running and walking he had done. He was sure he checked the whole bottom floor already, including the kitchen, which is where he was now.

His hands rested on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. The terrible feeling in his stomach made him nauseous as it continued to gnaw at his insides. He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around.

"What's wrong?" Questioned Aone, turning his head to the side in a puzzled manner. "I need... to find... Daich-Senpai..." His voice had cracked just the slightest, but it was enough for both of the men to realize that he was about to start crying.

He couldn't help it, okay? If there was anything he hated, it was being overwhelmed. "I saw him on the third floor. I think he's having a meeting with the rest of the captains. Why don't you check there?"

Patting his head softly, Aone smiled the tiniest, smallest smile that made Hinata smile in return, though it was a bit wobbly. "Thank you so much, Aone-Senpai! I'll see you later!"

Racing back to the steps, he made his way to the third floor, a sharp pain hitting his heart the moment he reached his designation. His body collapsed under the immense pain, and he could've sworn he saw Jesus for a moment.

"Ugh!" Gripping his sweater tightly, his other hand clawed at the floor, hoping the sudden pain would subside so he could talk with Daichi. His instincts told him that this feeling shouldn't be ignored any longer than it had.

"Hinata!" Yamaguchi shouted, running to the ginger's side and dropping to his knees. "W-What's wrong!? Are you okay!?" He placed a hand on Hinata's back, but it only caused him to flinch and cry.

"Hey, what's wrong with him!?" Kenji also sat near Hinata, examining him. "I don't know! I just found him like- Wait! Don't touch him!" Before Kenji could lay a hand on Hinata, it was slapped away. "It only hurts him more!"

"Daichi-Senpai!" The ginger suddenly cried. "I'll get Daichi! Stay here with him!" Kenji stood and ran down the hallway and to the meeting room, slamming the door open without a second thought. "Hinata's hurt! We don't know what's wrong, but he called for you, Daichi!"

Dropping the pen in his hand, Daichi jumped over the table and raced out of the room at mock 20, following the sound of Hinata's cries. "What is it, Hinata?!" Again, Yamaguchi pushed his hand away, shaking his head, which the captain took the hint.

"Something's wrong! Something's at home! Something's there! Someone's there! They're destroying everything!" Flashes of black shadows crossed his eyes. They were tearing everything down, but only in a single room.

His room.

The orange lights said that much, but everything else was mere shadows.

"What!? Hinata! Hinata!"

Everything was a shadow now.

-----

"We're going back home, right now!" Ukai ordered, still running his hand through Hinata's hair with a worried, but pissed look on his face.

"How would he know if someone was attacking us? Our base is well hidden, and our security is top-notch! Maybe it has something to do with his aura reading, but how would that work?" Groaning, Sugawara face-planted into the wall.

"If you're going back, we can accompany you," Kita, Inarizaki's captain, stated, glancing at the shirtless, sleeping ginger. Shimizu had removed it to check his heart, lungs, and chest. The click of a camera sounded in the quiet room, and everyone turned their attention to it.

"What?" Suna innocently questioned, tucking his phone back in his pocket. "Just because he's hurt, doesn't mean he's not cute. Just look at him."

"..." Everyone turned to Hinata. Well, everyone who wasn't already looking at him, and admired his pale, soft skin and beautiful features. Yachi huffed and pulled a blanket over him.

Scowling, Ukai pulled a pistol out of God knows where and held his finger on the trigger, glaring daggers at all the men.

"Moving on. Go pack your stuff up, guys. We're leaving this afternoon. If Shouyou felt something terrible enough that the pain caused him to pass out, then I think it's best if we act on this immediately. Sugawara, pack up Shouyou's stuff for him, would you?"

Nodding, the silver-haired male left the medical room, traveling to Hinata's in order to get a head start. "Thanks for the offer, Kita, but I think it'll be best if it's just Karasuno. Give my regards to Norimune."

Nodding, Kita, and the rest of the members of Inarizaki left. "Daichi, make sure you get the information about the meetings we'll miss after this whole ordeal is resolved.

"Yes, Boss." Bowing, the rest of the members left, leaving only Yachi, Shimizu, and Ukai in the room. "So, what do you think happened?" Ukai spoke up first, turning his attention to Yachi for the time being.

"You've been working with poisons that affect mentality lately, right?" Fidgeting with her fingers Yachi nodded.

"Depending on where the base was attacked, I'd assume the part he has the most emotional attachment to would cause him pain as bad as this. Hypothetically speaking, if it was his room, I suppose it would make sense that he'd be in pain. He has a strong emotional attachment to it since he's spent so much time in there."

As if coming to a sudden realization, Yachi gasped. "That-That's just me assuming, though! If part of his aura was to stay in that room, it'd probably hurt if it was destroyed, and that might've been what happened," the blonde concluded, laughing awkwardly afterward.

"That's a good theory. I guess we'll see when we get there." Ukai stood and stretched, bending down and moving the Hinata's hair off of his forehead to place a kiss there.

"Tell me when he wakes up. I'm going to go help load the limo."

"You got it, Boss."

"You can count on us, Boss!"

-----