Bonus

The bang of the door being thrown open reverberates through the empty gym. Hajime's hands twitch, itching to reach for a weapon he never carries anymore. He thinks vaguely that he should get the locks on the door changed because he had been positive that he'd locked it before they began.

"Oikawa!" A familiar voice calls out. Tooru sits up from the weight bench with his usual devious smile playing on his lips as he rubs at his sore arms.

"Tobio-chan! Have you come to play with us?" he calls back in a singsong voice. Hajime considers knocking him in the head but he kind of wants to see where this is going. It's been a while since Tobio has come to visit either of them. Since his high school graduation, he's been focused more on his volleyball career than anything else.

"Why the fuck did you go to Brazil?" the dark-haired teen demands. Hajime figures he should stop thinking of Tobio as a kid but even at nineteen he still seems so young. Hajime knows that he himself had felt ancient at that age, but Tobio was different. He'd gotten to grow up with his grandfather, going to school like any other kid. His past probably still haunts him though, Hajime knows how that feels. Even now nearly ten years since he was actually in the field Hajime can still feel those horrors hiding inside him.

"Brazil?" Tooru asks innocently, tilting his head to the side in a way that makes his curls sway. "Iwa-chan when did I go to Brazil?"

"Two weeks ago, for a recruitment," Hajime plays along amused.

"Hinata Shouyou," Tobio growls out the name. "You went and recruited Hinata Shouyou."

"Oh yeah!" Tooru hops up from the bench. "The cute little tangerine I met on the beach."

"Don't play stupid Oikawa. You know that Hinata is, Hinata was... We're..." Tobio's face reddens as he tries to think of an appropriate word. "You knew that me and Hinata went to school together!" It takes all his willpower for Hajime to keep a straight face at that.

"Oh yes, I think I read about that. Well, It's not like you've contacted him at all since graduation," Tooru rolls his eyes and takes his bottle of water for Hajime's hand.

"You shouldn't have recruited him! He's an idiot and... and he's supposed to be focusing on volleyball so he can be a proper rival!" There's practically steam coming out of his ears at this point.

"Hmm," Tooru takes a long sip of the water, Hajime watches his neck as he does so. "Sorry Tobio-chan, I only recruit people that fit the requirements and Chibi-chan was a perfect fit. It was his choice to join you know."

"Then recruit me!" Tobio demands. Tooru freezes at that and he casts a glance in Hajime's direction.

"No," They answer at the same time. Tobio clenches his hands into fists and glares at both of them.

"If Hinata fits the requirements then so do I. Recruit me. That idiot will get himself killed before he even goes on his first mission!"

"You wouldn't pass the physical," Hajime says. Tobio's eyes darken and his hand falls to rest on his hip, where the angry red brand still mars his skin.

"You guys can get me around that,' He insists. Hajime just shakes his head, they could do it. Matsukawa could perform Tobio's physical, he's already aware of the brand and he would be willing to fudge it if Tooru asked him to. But it's just not that, the mark would put a target on Tobio's head any time he was in the field. If it ever got revealed there's no doubt that The Academy would come for him.

"It's not going to happen," Tooru says crossing his arms. His face looks way too smug though and Tobio takes his words as a challenge.

"Recruit me Oikawa."