Part 16

SUP BROOOOS! BACK AGAIN YO! BACK AT IT WITH ANOTHER PART FOR YA, SO EAT UP!
NOTHING IMPORTANT TO SAY SO LETS GET RIGHT INTO IT
🕺
_________________________________________

No one's pov.

Updyke stood there, hand still reaching out to Whitty as he was frozen in place as well. They were both clearly nervous about the other, Whitty being more hesitant to speak as his life is on the line.

Updyke quickly snapped out of it, hand falling to his side. He took a second to figure out what he was going to say to whitty.. something that wasn't suspicious or fear-inducing.

"....." Updyke stares down at his hands before looking back up, ready to speak.

"Excuse me, Whitmore, but I have question for you." Updyke spoke in a quiet tone. Whitty didn't answer, but it was obvious that he was listening.

"Lets say we put everything we have against each other aside for a day and.. go out for a nice drink? I know your situation, me being the cause of it, ill pay." Updyke added, mumbling the part about Whitty's situation.

Whitty wasn't dumb. At all. He knew well that this could get him into some deep deep trouble. Updyke could always have someone around the corner watching them from a far.. but then again, maybe he wouldn't. Updyke was fairly unpredictable at times, so maybe he would take the risk?

Whitty thought for a bit, Updyke waiting patiently for his answer. Whitty slouched a bit, looking down and muttering out a quiet "ok.."

"Great." Updyke clasped his hands together with a small nod.
"We meet at that one Cafe in town when the sun comes up. Its.." Updyke glanced across the street from where he stood.

"Right over there." Updyke pointed towards the cafe.

This was the same alleyway that y/n found whitty in..

Coincidence..?

Whitty zoned out, staring at the cafe across the street as Updyke explained how everything would go down in the morning. A small smile began forming on Whitty's face, not hearing a thing updyke said as he thought about the day he met Y/n. He remembered how scared he was and how hesitant he was on trusting them, but now they were good fr-

"Stay in this alleyway, got it? I'll see you in the morning, Whitmore." Updyke finished off, snapping the bomb out of it. Whitty slowly nodded his head, watching updyke walk off in the way he came from.

Jeez.. tomorrow was going to be awkward.

MORNING TIME.

It was warm this morning, sun creeping over the city's buildings. There weren't many people out on the side walk as the majority were already inside, starting their work day.

There was one very noticeable person though!

A beartrap.

She made her way down the sidewalk, struggling to get something out of her leather jacket's pocket.
"Hrrg.." She growled a little before finally reaching, pulling out the keys to open shop!!(mf with the big ass claws, big enough to crush a head. no wonder your ass can't get that shit out yo damn pocket like HELLO?!?!)

Smiling with her eyes, she quickly unlocked the doors, letting the fresh smell of coffee beans and fruit hit. Believe it or not.. she was the only one who works here anymore.

Her boss left a week ago, leaving her running the cafe all on her own. She wasn't complaining though.. she was good at her job!

She head to the back of the cafe to wait for people to start entering.

Across the street, something different was going on!

Updyke slowly drove up next to the alleyway whitty was left in and began getting out the car.  Once out, he adjusted his suit and began making his way over to whitty..

"Whitmore?" Updyke questioned quietly. There on the ground was Whitty... staring up at him with half-lidded eyes.
"Whit..more?" Updyke questioned again, a little louder to the "lifeless" body on the ground. Whitty didn't move an inch.

That's when Updyke realized.

Was he talking to a lifeless body? Was Whitty.. dead? How did he di-

oh wait no

he's breathing..

"Eughh..." Updyke shuddered a little while nudging the sleeping whitty with his foot. Whitty suddenly jolted awake and looked around frantically, wincing when he saw Updyke.(DONT FORGET, WHITTY SOMETIMES SLEEPS WITH HIS EYES OPEN..)

Updyke was still trying to get the image of whitty staring into his soul without blinking out of his head as whitty slowly stood up.
"I was coming to get you so we can go to that cafe. You are ready, right?" Updyke questioned the 8'11 ft man who nodded in response.

Updyke began leading him to the cafe, whitty following close behind.

Upon entering, the little bell on the cafe doors jingle signaling somebody came in.

"Hello, welcome to the cafe cafe(yes that's the name), what can I get for you... two.." Beartrap said as they come in, eyes turning towards whitty. He looked very familiar..(don't forget the "friday night funk" they use to go to)

"Yes. I'll get green tea, not too much sugar in it with a little bit of cream." Updyke said politely to the taller woman. Whitty looked down at his feet nervously before feeling updyke jab an elbow unto his hip.

"Whitty.. what do you want..?" Updyke said quietly.
"Uhh.. I want a cookie.. two cookies" Whitty said nervously. Updyke stares at him with a blank face.

"He'll also get a milkshake. That's all, thanks" Updyke sighed and rolled his eyes.

"So green tea.. little sugar with cream, two cookies.. and a milkshake. Got it, that'll be 10 dollars exactly" Beartrap said in a monotone voice as updyke gave her a whole 20.

"Keep the change. Let's go sit down, whitmore." Updyke tugged on Whitty's sleeve, guiding him to a table. 

As soon as they were seated, Updyke started.

"As you know, I invited you here to get to know you, yeah?" Updyke questioned, tilting his head. He rests his head in the palm of his hand.

"Why don't you tell me a little bout' yourself and your friend.."

AUGHHH I HAVE A WRITERS BLOCK. Yes this chapter was short! Also please stop asking me "when is next chapter coming out" or "new chapter or else😐". It was OK at first, but now it's just tiring.. I said last chapter that I don't have a schedule anymore!

ANYWAYS THATS IT!!

FUNFACT: BEARTRAP IS 11 FT TALL, BUT ONLY 6'5 IN THIS BOOK

ANY MISTAKES WILL BE UPDATED IN THE MORNING