Chapter 6

It was a Saturday night, I didn't really expect myself to come home late at all, well, I didn't really expect myself to accept a spontaneous invitation to a party. It was definitely new to me. And I knew it was new to her, too, when I found her asleep at the stairs of my front porch with her head perfectly laid on one of the railings. One move and I was sure she would have fell.

I stood there in front of her waiting for anything that would come from her. Staggering while walking towards her causing light rumbling from the pebbles I was walking on. She eventually woke up from this. We both stopped when we were at each other's gazes.

A moment or two and she stood up. She had a light smile. I couldn't make up anything from her with the deprivation of any illumination around us and my intoxication from the alcohol wasn't really helping. It made my eyes blur her just like how the darkness shaded her out. Not a moment later I heard her walk towards me slowly and in a beat, I felt her lips on mine. I felt it even before I saw it. I didn't know what this meant but I kissed her back. And we shared that kiss for what felt like a lifetime to me, it died when she pulled out.

Her hands were on my shoulders and mine on her waist. She pulled away but it took her a few moments before she completely disentangled herself from me and step back. "Goodnight," it was the next thing I heard from her and the next thing I knew she was heading towards her own house.

She wasn't in a hurry, but I don't know if it was the alcohol or me but I didn't hesitate to walk into mine either and head straight towards my room.

I stood by the window that had a view of the pier. I saw her by the end of it, it didn't take a while when she climbed over the fence.

I had seen her done this before. The first, I remembered how I ran towards my bike so I could reach her on time, it was before I knew of her love for the sea. I could have concluded she was she was out there for a dive but I didn't. Instead, I rushed towards her.

The moment I reached by the end of the pier she turned her head to look at me with her hands gripping the rails. A few seconds and she smiled, she looked back towards the sea. I didn't say anything and waited. After a while I saw her take a few deep breaths when she finally climbed back over. She didn't say anything to me but a smile and a wave then passed by me heading towards her house.

I saw her did this from time to time, and every time I always went to her. The last time I remembered was about ten months ago. This had been the longest time that she kept herself from doing it. I didn't ride my bike nor ran towards her that time, but I walked towards her and joined her climbing over the fence myself too. Side by side I was with her.

Tonight, I watched her, a minute in that situation I would have been walking towards her by now, but tonight I didn't. I wanted to, and I blamed it on the alcohol with why I was still standing. I lied down and a few seconds I started to head down towards her.

I must have dozed off for a while when I lied down caused when I went out, she wasn't there anymore. She must have headed back because I saw her door perfectly closed, one she would leave open every time she did this.

I went back inside and ended up sleeping at the couch.

It was a Sunday; I was drunk after a drink or two at the pub. I never should have in the first place if he wasn't with me. I was dangerously staggering on the way home. I could always have a luxury of a ride on a. But we made a pack, at least for now we wouldn't let anyone make known of the two houses we've just built together by the beach. Well technically I was the one who overlook everything, he just moved in when everything was settled. Now all that goes around in the town is that a single fine lad just built a house somewhere by the beach.

I reached the front porch when he was looking at me, my blitzed ass had me grinning like a fool at him. While he deprived me of his, I ticked him off obviously. A side of his hips against the fence, his hands folded across his chest, with his lips settled on one side which in my state I couldn't even point out which side. All I wanted to do was settle with him now. I could careless what society looks at us, I wanted him.

I went on staggering towards him and eventually he gave in and gave me a hand towards his house, well technically our house we had a fair share in building each. He settled me at the couch and before he could get away, I grabbed him by his waist and settled ourselves into a cuddle. I was well built with my muscles than him making it easier for me to do it all in one swift motion. He tried to resist but gave in eventually. We spent the night there together, he watched me drift off to my slumber, while he was very much sober. Just before I settled myself into my total slumber, I felt his soft lips on mine.