002

Margo sat on Carl's bed, watching as Fiona poked at Lip's swollen and purple foot, the boy's head laying in the blonde's lap as she tried to distract him by playing with his curly locks. "Really? An old lady on the train?" Fiona shouted at Ian, who was sat on his own bed.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. The, um, the doors were closing on her walker, and Lip barely got his foot in in time to stop them from-" Ian tried to come up with a believable lie, failing miserably.

"Ow! Jesus, Fiona!" Lip cut Ian off as he screamed out in pain. "Can't remember whether that's good or bad." She whispered to herself. "More likely, you two jumped the turnstiles again and he twisted it trying to outrun the transit cops." Fiona fumed as Margo looked down at the small silver watch around her wrist.

The blonde was going to be late for work all because her idiot brothers couldn't accept that Ian was in fact gay and not at all into Mandy Milkovich. "No, no! Always elevate extremities! Move before you give him a fucking embolism. You okay, Lip? Sweetheart?" Veronica coo'ed as she entered the room.

"Yeah, just please don't, don't touch it." Margo winced at the sight of her brother groaning in pain. "Okay. Wiggle your toes. Go to my house, top of the freezer. Yeah. Two ice packs. Second cupboard above the sink. Yeah. Liquid ibuprofen, freeze spray, ACE bandages."

"Sure." Ian nodded. " Shouldn't we get it X-rayed?" Fiona worried. "Fuck no. He'll be in the E.R. forever, and for what? 'Submetatarsal hematoma.' Thanks. Tell us something we didn't know five hours ago, fuck off. My bedroom, top of the TV." Veronica stood.

"Yeah?" Ian questioned. "Pack of smokes and a lighter." Veronica added before a knock at the door sent Ian flying back into the room and Lib onto the floor. "Shit! I'm not here! I'm not here!" Lip struggled beneath a cover. "You don't know us, Fiona!" Ian shouted.

"Oh, what have you done? What have you done?!" Fiona stormed out to go open the door, Carl running after her. "Don't you need to get to work? Veronica questioned Margo as she sat back down on the bed.

"Shit! Yeah." Margo sighed, hopping over her brother's hiding body as she went to exit the room. "Bring some pie home?" Margo questioned. "None of that key lime crap." Lip mumbled out from his hiding spot.

Margo let her eyes roll at the idiotic boy as she exited  the house through the front door. It was a fifteen minute walk from her house to the diner, but Margo didn't mind it. Much to her sister's request the girl had been on the track team since middle school, so walking was something she had come to enjoy.

"You're late, Gallagher. Again. Next time I'm gonna dock you." Margo's manager scolded her as she unlocked a locker and pulled out her light blue uniform. "Oh, come on, Helen. You can't dock my tips and we both know that's the only money worth making."

"Get to work, blondie." The woman shouted, causing Margo to chuckle. The blonde quickly slipped into her uniform, tying on her apron as she exited the locker room and entered into the kitchen. "Margo, your dad's at table six." Toney, the night shift cook smirked.

"Huh?" Margo questioned as she went behind the counter to see Robert sitting at a booth by the window. "Shit." Margo cursed under her breath as she fixed her appearance in the reflective surface of the metal counter before walking over to the man.

" Margaret."

"And what can I get for you today, sir?" Margo spoke in a falsely feminine voice. "Mhh, how are the muffins?" He questioned, giving the girl a grin. "Not the worst." Margo answered as she leaned again the side of the booth across from the man.