The Curse

Staying there, and knowing what is probably happening on the outside is maddening to Yun'er. Yet in his heart there is a feeling of peace that is very contrary to the fact that Nian is probably gone forever and in her place an enraged dragon... Then he realise something so profound it gives him goosebumps.
This, these walls, this place, is proof that wherever Nian is, is the dragon spirit and wherever the dragon spirit is, is Nian.
And therein lies a key to the passing of this test.
This light in the dark curse causes him to rush back to the cave entrance, determined to save his friend, all of her.

The flames is as high as ever, and sitting down in lotus the Butterfly Prince calms his racing mind and focus. He goes through every dream, and every experience he had with the dragon lady and as the memory of the shield she gave him surfaces, he gets up, eyes still closed he holds that shield memory before him, and starts walking into the fire.

She is angry with him. After leaving the guardian friend in safety, the dragon flew past her beloved, back to the Palace where she wanted to commit herself to him.
Following, a ready plan to fix this, to stop the curse from happening, master of River keeps everything he knows, and every memory he has with Nian in his heart, ready for war.
Feeling her control slipping, the dragon spirit cast her mind to the one who saw her for who she is, and as her frantic eyes mentally met his, the Butterfly Prince smiles reassuringly. "I'm on my way. Hold on."