Unknown

Aaron looks back at Emily, “Explain the text. Now.” Emily sighs and tries to lean over to pick up the phone, but fails.

Derek rushes over and picks up the phone. Handing it to her, she gets a new alert. Derek asks, “Who just texted you?”

Dave peeks at her phone, “Same guy.”

“Heard my kids were born. Don’t worry, I’ll keep them safe,” Emily reads aloud for the group to hear.

Emily sinks her head low as Aaron grabs the phone, “Ian is dead, could this be someone else? Penelope, pull up the records for Ian Doyle.” 

Penelope rushes over to the chair and whips out her monstrous computer. She types away while everyone watches her. She audibly gasps, “Sir… you might want to see this.”

Aaron dashes over the small computer space. Aaron squints, “What am I looking at?”

“It’s what you’re not looking at. Ian Doyle was pronounced dead, but the hospital never received his body to fill out the death certificate.”

“He’s alive?” Spencer asks quietly, but loud enough for the rest of the team to hear.

Emily’s eyes widen, “How? I didn’t feel a pulse. He said goodbye to Declan. How?”

Aaron races out of the room on the phone. Emily becomes uncomfortable. She can hear Aaron on the phone, “I need a detailed officer by the SSA Emily Prentiss, Declan, and her newborns.”

Emily shakes her head, “No. No. No. I am not getting a detailed unit. No.”

“Princess, you don’t have a choice,” Derek reaches for her hands.

JJ rushes out to Aaron who is still on the phone and talking quieter. Spencer holds Emily’s other hand as she sits in agony. Penelope intrudes the silence, “Guys…” Everyone turns to face Penelope. Aaron and JJ walk in and look at her in worry. She finishes her thought, “Declan is not with Meghan. Meghan died less than 24 hours ago.”

Emily let’s go of Derek and Spencer’s hand. She sits up to look at Penelope, “Then where is he?”

Before Penelope can answer, two men in suits enter One of the men asks, “Are you SSA Emily Prentiss?”

Hesitantly, Emily responds, “Yes…”

A small blonde boy pushes by them, “Emily!”

Declan runs up to her and hugs her. Emily hugs Declan back but looks at the two men. The two men, “Declan Ian Doyle has been legally moved into your custody.” The two men leave immediately. The team stands in awe.

“Emily, look what I drew on the way here!” Declan shows Emily her rabbit he drew on the plane ride to DC. Emily receives a text, Declan asks, “Who is that?”

Emily reads aloud, “Have fun with Declan.” Emily looks up at Aaron with great concern

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this chapter was so short. I am not too happy with the way it turned out. Stay tuned for the next chapter.