chapter 23

4.18.21

it's been a week since louis saw connor in front of harry's flat. louis has been on edge ever since. he hasn't seen him since but he still looks around before pressing the buzzer.

harry seems content and that confuses louis because shouldn't harry be worried about connor showing up?

louis is also confused because why is connor here? it's not like harry and him have an ongoing feud. if that was the case he wouldn't have agreed to help them when liam was in jail.

speaking of liam, the cops seem to have stopped their search. they're still being careful when they are out though just in case.

"louis?" harry asked, louis has been zoning out all morning and its worrying harry.

louis hummed and looked at harry. when he saw him all he saw was worry spread across his face.

"you okay? that's the third time you've zoned out" harry said, he's very concerned for his boyfriend.

"i'm fine just thinking about stuff" louis said

"what are thinking about" harry asked, now curious

"how we haven't gone on a date in a while" louis shrugged, they've only been dating for about a month.

harry hopped up off louis' couch and grabbed louis to pull him up. he started to push louis to his bedroom.

louis started laughing "haz what are you doing?"

"shh just stay in here and when you hear a knock answer the door" harry smiled and left louis confused

on his way to the front door he saw flowers, he didn't think twice before grabbing them out of their vase and left louis' flat. he knocked and waited for louis to open the door.

when louis heard a knock he was even more confused because he just heard it shut. he left his bedroom and went to open the door. when he opened it he saw harry standing there with flowers that louis easily recognized. he felt a smile creep onto his face and he felt butterflies come alive in his tummy.

"hello, louis tomlinson" harry said in a fake posh accent "would you care to accompany me on a date?" he said as he handed the flowers to louis

louis grabbed them and giggled out a  "yes"

harry smiled and stepped inside, they were only in sweats and they had to get ready.

they both put on black jeans. louis put on a dark blue button up, he kept it unbuttoned because he had a black t shirt underneath. harry put on a black blouse and kept the top two buttons unbuttoned.

harry grabbed louis' hand and his car keys and they left louis' flat.

harry parked a bit down the block from the flat since there was a no parking sign at the front. as they were walking they heard a voice they hadn't heard in a while.

"hey styles" louis froze on the spot and it made harry stop walking. they both turned around and were met with a beat up connor.

louis cringed at the sight of him. last week when he saw him, he was far away so he couldn't see how bad it was but it was really bad. almost his whole face was bruised, his left eye was swollen shut and he had stitches right underneath that.

"connor" harry acknowledged him "what's up?"

"what's up? oh nothing just thought you should see what you did" connor said, he was pissed

"yea, looks like you have a little scratch" harry fake pouted

"a little scratch?! you broke my face! you broke my nose, knocked my teeth out, and gave me a concussion that probably will cause brain damage!" connor yelled. he listed off his injuries on his fingers

harry sucked in a sharp breath "that sucks, sorry man but we have somewhere to be" harry said and started walking, louis was more than happy to follow

"this isn't over bitch!" connor yelled after them

"what does he mean?" louis asked

"i don't know, he's insane" harry shrugged "let's forget about him and go on our date" he smiled down at louis, who smiled back.

they went to this nice but not too nice restaurant and ordered their food right away. louis got spaghetti, harry got steak. they ordered some red wine for louis and some sparking lemon water for harry, since he was driving.

after they ate they drove to the store to rent a movie. they got 'love actually' and drove to harry's flat.

they were both very happy and in love, whether they knew it or not. they didn't even notice that they were getting followed all night.

HEY! sorry this chapter is superrrr short :( i hope you liked it though! i've had writers block, i'm trying to add some drama into it. i also have a special announcement! i decided imma say my name. i didn't want to at first just in case people found me and were like "i saw you on wattpad" but the more i thought about it, why are they judging me if they're the ones that found me? anyways! HELLO! i'm madeline! nice to meet ya. ew i'm gross anywhooooo! DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! LOVE YOU MWAH - madeline :)