3. What?

Marinette's POV

"And what makes you think you could make me marry you? You're delusional. If you came into my boutique to make threats then you can walk yourself out, there's the door." my frustrated hands pointed to the door, and I found myself getting angry with myself. Here was Adrien, who had just walked into the door of my life again, screwing everything up.

And for some reason I was weak enough to allow it.

"It's not a threat for you to Marry me, it should be a blessing. Do you know how many other women would dream to even go on a date with me?" He sounded so cocky that it made me sick. Was this who Adrien became while I was gone? If so, I really wanted nothing to do with him.

"Then go ask one of the other women, I'm sure they would be lucky to have you, like you just said?" I said back, walking behind the counter. "Now if you didn't need anything from the store, then take your right and left foot and paddle yourself out of here." I waved, putting on a fake smile.

Adrien did not falter, and stood on the other side in no remorse. His face, which was once full of a playful grin, was now filled with a grim mean look. He was becoming very serious about the situation.

"You will Marry me, Marinette." He said roughly, his voice holding no argument, "or my father will take down your business. He could take anything away with the snap of his fingers. I've already got your parents blessing." There was no hesitation in his voice, causing my eyes to widen.

My parents were in on this aswell? But... why?

He put the small velvet box onto the counter, pushing it towards me. I just stared, trying to take in what was happening before my eyes. All in one day, I had been proposed to and threatened. It could also be termed, blackmail.

"Can I ask you one question?" I mumbled, glancing from the ring to him. He hummed in response, making me muster up a few words. "What's in it for you?" My eyes connected with his for a short moment.

"Everything." Was his simple answer. I gave him a look of hatred, feeling the rage build up inside of me.

"Just... get out." I whispered, now keeping my eyes on the ring.

"Will do, M'Lady." He said with what seemed to be a firm happiness, causing me to become even more enraged. He didn't even seem to consider my feelings at all, and the fact that he was pushing this on me in all short time was astounding. Who did he think he is?

The son of that discusting bastered. That's who he was.

I shoved my head angrily into the desk, wondering what the hell my life had come to. How did he manage to threaten a proposal onto me?

I slowly reached my hand over to the small, velvet box, opening it a little more to see the contents inside. The Diamond was the exact same one that he had given me for our first engagement, the only thing that seemed to change was the small indentions on the side.

On our first engagement, the words "I will always love you." We're encaved into it, but those words were now gone. I was glad that they were gone, seeing that they were never true in the first place.

"Marinette... what did you get youself into?" I asked myself out loud, for what felt like the millionth time. I didn't even know how to respond to an event that had happened minutes ago.

***
I was doing something I haven't done in months, which was talk to my parents. I didn't have the best relationship with my parents anymore, and although I didn't mind it, it didn't mean that I didn't envy my friends, such as Alya, when I saw how fantastic her life as going.

I clicked the nine digit number before I heard the phone ring a few times. Then, I heard the phone clear out, signaling that my mother or father had now answered the phone.