House Order Preview

"Regan Vasquez"

"Regan Vasquez"

~50 Years Later~

It had been a long time passed. Duluth, Georgia was only a glimpse of my past and I'd moved on, found a new life. Ariel and Eric were happy, my children were strong and capable with their own families now but I wasn't involved in their life. I gave Grace her space and Derrick his as well, neither wanted a relationship with me and I couldn't blame them. It took years and distance to break the bond between Ariel and myself or at least me with her. She'd moved on with Eric and I was responsible for her death but together we brought her back. My heart had darkened to the incubus state...it took me seeking out the last of my tribe, one man by the name of Nafki that pulled that shit right out of me. It took months, damn near a year and Bri, the only one who cared, nearly lost her companionship to her maker because of me. The pain burned like embers sparking, burning the pieces out that hurt the most. My rejection, one I rejected, all of it. My heart broke even during the conception of my cubs, it was then I realized, any apology to Ariel would never amount to anything it was worth.

Many didn't know the darkness and how it could be so real. I lost myself to it after my father died...Brielle's father. He helped me keep it at bay, balanced. For that, I knew that once he was gone, he said a mate would balance it but it didn't happen. Instead, rejection both ways made it worse, made it dark. I thought my mate would look like Ellie, smart...beautiful. Yeah, it was sick...but in a way, I secretly looked at Ella as something I wanted to lay next to in bed. We weren't true sister and brother but she was the only one who got me, who saw me and who could tame the panther in me.

Zane freaked out the second he realized Ella was sending me money and not only that, a few sneaks in my pack was spying on me and ran back telling Eric that I had more than brotherly feelings towards her. I admit, I was wrong but no one was riding hard for me like Bree. I just couldn't help myself.... He snapped on her and the kids literally lost their shit on him. Ella stayed in New York for a year but giving her and Zane's bond, she couldn't stay away and he wasn't letting her. From the time of her newbirth, she loved it in New York and it was her home away from home when he'd fuck up. Pushing forward, I met many in my travels. I'd enjoyed the snow-cap mountains of Switzerland and the unique lifestyles of the great people of Beijing, China.

I had a lot to prove, going back to Duluth was not in my plan...but my sister's relationship with her vampire mate, Zane, depended on it.

It's time for me to spread light back to cover all my darkness.

                                                                                      COMING SOON!!!!