𝟎𝟒

'When is this man going to come home?!' I thought to myself as I impatiently paced the front door of Steve's apartment

It's been a few days since our last mission and the last time we've spoken.

I've called him numerous amounts of times, but he refuses to pick up and/or declines my calls, sending me straight to voicemail.

I knew since the very beginning, that what I did was wrong and that it was unforgivable.

I never should have let him walk out on our mission. I should have stopped him and apologized to him in that immediate moment.

I pulled my cellphone out of my jacket pocket and pressed down on the power button and got ready to unlock my phone to call Steve, but I heard the wooden floor boards creak under pressure, causing me to look up from my phone screen.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked me as he held his house key in hand.

I put my phone back into my jacket pocket and slowly walked towards him and sighed before saying, "I'm here to apologize to you. I understand that what I did was wrong and unforgivable. I should have been up front and honest to you and told you about my mission since the very beginning."

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. He said nothing. He just looked down at me in disappointment.

"Steve, please say something. Come on, you're my best friend and I don't want to loose you over some stupid mission. Scream at me and tell me how much of a bad friend I am if you want. Just please say something!" I desperately pleaded him.

He sighed before placing his hand on my shoulder and said, "You're not a bad friend, Y/N. You only did what Fury asked of you and I know I would have done the same. Yes, I'm hurt at your betrayal and how untrusting you were of me, but we live and we learn. If you didn't tell me it was probably for a good reason, because I know you wouldn't willingly betray me. So...I forgive you"

I went up on my tiptoes and immediately grabbed Steve's shoulder to pull him into a tight embrace.

"Thank you, Steve. You know I would never willingly betray you. I am so sorry." I thankfully said into his shoulder.

He deeply chuckled and pulled away from the embrace, holding me at arms length. "Just don't do it again, Slip up."

I looked up at him in annoyance and asked, "You just refuse to let me live that down don't you?"

He grinned and said, "no, no I won't. And I get to call you, Slip up for what you did to me."

I rolled my eyes and said, "okay, fine. Just this one time I'll allow it."