::4::

->❈

->

"mommy, where's dada going?" the tears streamed down the woman's face and confused the little boy. once the confusion past, the boy became concerned. he had never seen his mom like that before in his 3 years of existence. "d-don't worry baby, we don't need a traitor like him," she tried her best to stay strong in front of her youngest child. in the end, she got carried away and had gotten angry at the man that stormed out of the small house.

as the years past, the trio moved multiple times. the older woman continued to put up a strong image in front of her children. she taught them what she knew about the colors that she would've seen if the man from years before didn't leave. both of her kids were probes. they saw the colors she didn't see and it was difficult to explain everything to them. the oldest understood a lot more things than the younger one would. she began to work afterschool to help her mother.

the boy didn't get why he couldn't play with his mother or sister. why were they both always out of the house? why did they always have to move? he didn't get it. eventually, his sister moved out to go to college. their mother was proud of her for trying to achieve her dreams. they said their goodbyes and she grabbed her belongings. 

after that, the duo moved another couple times. the youngest was now in high school. throughout the three years, he moved to five different schools. he kept to himself and didn't talk unless it was necessary. he would hang out by himself on the rooftop during lunch, but his work would be completed. 

he tried to make his mother proud of him to. he focused on his work and didn't bother his mom much. she was busy with work and he now understood why she never had much time for him. she didn't have much time for herself either. he learned to be independent.

by his last year in high school, he happened to be on the same campus as his cousin, a first year. for once, he wasn't lonely. everything was the same, except he had someone to talk to now. but eventually, he would leave that school too. he graduated and began his college career. his mother helped him with some of the tuition, but he paid for most of it with work study and other part time jobs.

->❈

"...ng, HYUNG!" "huh?" the shorter shook his head. "sorry, what were you saying." "hyung, i asked you how was school going?" jeongin questioned again. "what were you thinking about?" "nothing," changbin replied. "nothing you have to worry about. and school's fine."

the two were out on their usual weekend outing. "ah, right. hyung, i going to move in with seungminnie hyung next week to study at the same school as him. mom and dad said it was okay. i just wanted to let you know," the younger informed. "oh..." the older trailed off. "have fun at your new school." a genuine smile was on his face. but deep down, he was sad. 

once again, he will be alone. he technically was already alone in college. hanging out by himself again and just going back and forth between his classes and home. but he will miss these hang out with jeongin. changbin knew seungmin didn't live anywhere close to them. his cousin was gonna be far away and they wouldn't be able to have these weekly hangouts anymore. it would be too much of a hassle to arrange. 

due to him leaving, jeongin promised to spend the rest of his time in the little town with changbin. that included packing his suitcases. of course, changbin helped jeongin pack. with the short amount of time, the younger panicked a bit. changbin just shook his head and grabbed some suitcases. to reassure the younger, changbin told some stupid jokes and did random things to make jeongin laugh.

but alas, the week went by too fast and the trunk was loaded with the couple suitcases that jeongin had. jeongin's dad was going to drive all the way to seungmin's apartment and help jeongin out. changbin would've tagged along, but he couldn't bring himself to follow. "goodbye, innie. see ya around," he tried his best not to have his voice crack.

"bye, hyung. see you soon," the younger had a melancholic smile which changbin returned. jeongin got in the car and they drove off. the older stayed outside, watching the car till he could no longer see it. with that, he walked back to his small home space. 

he knew his mom was working so he just went to take a nap. he felt mentally exhausted. unplanned, he woke up to darkness. he looked outside for a bit before looking for his phone. it took a while, but he found it in his coat pocket. 2am. his mother should be home. judging from the light coming from under his door and the sound of dishes, his mom was indeed home. 

he exited his room and went to wash up. on his way, he greeted his mom. once refreshed, he walked to the living room/kitchen area. "honey,..." by the tone of her voice, changbin knew something was up. "we're moving, again." "oh," was all he could muster up. "i know, not really a surprise, isn't it?" she let out an exhausted laugh. he smiled sadly at her, "it's okay mom, i've gotten used to it by now. no need to worry."

"we're moving to the city, where jeongin is. i know you two are close, so we're going to go there too," a soft smile was on her face. changbin's face lit up in surprise and excitement. then it dawned on him. "what about your job?" he was worried because, stated previously, the city was a while away. 

his mother chuckled a bit, "i was fired. they were going through their employee list and needed to get rid of some people. they chose me and a few others. it's alright, honey. i needed a fresh start anyways. we'll both look for some jobs in the city. it'll be better for us anyways, wouldn't it?"

"maybe," was his only reply. "alright, its settled. let's start packing tomorrow. for now, gets some rest. g'night baby!" she hugged him tight and went to wash up. changbin smiled to himself. "i'll see you again, innie. soon, just wait for me."

word count :: 1103
time :: 2:04
a.n. i don't know where this
chapter came from. it just, 
popped into my head for 
some reason. thank you
for reading !