Ice Cream and Missions

TW: Uncomfortable Situations, Canon Violence

After Nat had interrupted your workout session with Steve you had slipped out from under him and told him you had to go. Which you did. Straight to a cold fucking shower.

You rested a hand in front of you against the shower wall and bowed your head down letting the cool water cascade over you. You weren't exactly sure what he was on about or maybe you had been imagining that he was about to kiss you before Natasha walked in.

You moved your hand away from the wall and reached for your favorite shampoo. You squeezed what was probably way too much onto your hand and set the bottle down and slowly lathered it into your hair. You sighed softly as the scent filled your nose massaging your scalp slowly before letting the water rinse it out followed by the conditioner. Once you went through your full shower routine you turned the water off and stepped out wrapped yourself into a towel. You took another towel and wrapped your wet hair into it before stepping out of the bathroom.

"So, you and Steve huh?"

"Seriously Nat?!" You shrieked as you gripped your towel having almost dropped it when you jumped at hearing her voice. She had most definitely not been in when you had first got back and into the shower.

"You guys would be so cute together, (y/n)! I mean he won't date anyone because he says he's too busy. But the heart eyes you guys give each other when the other isn't looking is honestly adorable." Natasha cooed as she brought a glass of wine up to her lips. She was perched on the couch in the middle of your room still in her pajamas.

"We...I do not make heart eyes at Steve." You glared as you made your way over to your walk-in closet. You shut the door just enough to allow you some privacy to get dressed while still being able to hear her. Which you had half a mind to throw a shoe at her when she mumbled something about your denial.

You slipped on your bra and a v-neck cotton black t-shirt followed by a pair of jeans.

You walked out and sat beside her as you slipped on your socks and shoes.

"How about we talk about you and Bruce?" You grinned when she rolled her eyes downing the remainder of red wine she had in her glass.

"Lets. Not."

"Alright well, you enjoy your wine." You patted her knee as you ran a hand through your damp hair.

"Where are you even going?" She eyed you over as you went into the bathroom and came back out with a light face of makeup and the soft scent of your favorite perfume filling the air.

"I'm hanging out with my little brother today. Like I do every week. Now lock my room up when you're done hiding from Bruce." You laughed as you quickly grabbed your bag off the couch avoiding the leg she had stuck out almost causing you to trip.